Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

So the shop called and my oil pan is in. I'm going to pull the engine this week and install it. While I have it out, I'm going to tackle some ugly wiring, create new exhaust elbows out of aluminum (running a couple of sharp 90's out of carbon steel at the moment) this was strictly temporary until I got the aluminum material in, replace the log seal and run cooling lines to the V drive, adding a drive shaft guard, and spruce up a better trailer. Should make for an easy week eh! If only I could do this for a living! My other job just gets in the way....40hrs spent out of the shop per week! How crazy is that:wink2:

My first question is when I am re installing the engine, what is usually done for alignment? Should just sticking it back into the original holes and bolting up the drive shaft do the trick, or is it more complicated then that?

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
The simple answer is if it fit before, no major hardware was changed and the same mounts are being used, it should be exactly the same going back in.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The simple answer is if it fit before, no major hardware was changed and the same mounts are being used, it should be exactly the same going back in.

Yes, same mounts, same everything except oil pan and drive shaft cover. Just wanted to make sure.....thinking that was the case just seemed too good to be true.:wink2:

I've had to align couplings in larger boats to an 8 tho tolerance, so not sure if there was any special deal with these. I'd think the drive shaft with 2 joints would eat up allot of miss alignment (if any). I like to keep things as straight as possible/when possible to avoid adding vibration.

Thanks for the tip!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts