Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post some pics of the redone trailer. New paint, carpet & hitch (finally :D). Motor should be ready to go back in late next week or early the following week.

Can't wait to get the boat back on the trailer ;)

Boat should be ready to go back up to the river early May

Just waiting on Rims, Tires and little odds and ends

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Man i miss driving that boat. I loved the way it did the hula dance. Trailer looking good if you like yellow.....:D

Looking forward to pairing up at big river.....:)devil

·
Boat 502
1,298 Posts
Dig the boat, post some in the water...if you have any laying around. See ya @ Big River this season !!

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Looks good, Do mine next! :D

Ya knwo I think I'm one of the few guys who runs Header braces!

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I can't wait to get it back in the water. This boat is so much fun to drive and still holds its own;)

Futs - by the looks of yours I dont stand a chance;) Anytime you want to come to Big River your more than welcome to my place. Besides, I can pick you and Shauns brain for info:D

I'll see if I have any water pics 76, thanks for the compliments and we'll see ya this year in BR.

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trailer looks good! What paint did you use? Did you media blast or sand/primer/rattle can?

thanks

I just used (I think) a ppg two stage plus I used a real heavy primer. A friend of mine owns a body shop so I had him mix the paint for me. I just had to add the hardener and then I sprayed it. Its still a little tacky so I don't think I used enough hardener. I'm going to shoot clear over it this week. Should be a little better. I didn't media blast it. The trailer had thin coats of bondo at all the welds and anywhere a seam was so it would have been alot more work if I had it blasted. I just blocked, grinded, and sanded for about 5 days:mad:. If I was going to do it all over again Powder Coat would be the best option. I'll probably do that next winter. All said and done it would only be about $150 more than paint.
Thanks for the compliments

Richard

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dig the boat, post some in the water...if you have any laying around. See ya @ Big River this season !!

Here's some pics. I don't really have any good ones but here they are.

The back seat is gone and never going back in:D. That thing must weigh a 100 pounds :)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts