Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
LHC Architect
1,507 Posts
Did a search, but didnt find anything on how to replace one, can anyone pm me any diagrams or information, i know its not hard, but dont want to go in blind......:D
easy one..

undo the (4) bolts that hold the lower unit on and drop the lower unit

the impeller is sitting in the lower unit, just pull it out by hand and install the new one (coat the housing and impeller in marine grease), replace the oil passage o-ring, place your shifter in reverse and the splinded shifter shaft in the lower unit spin all the way counter clockwise and reinstall the lower unit, 1/2hr job at worst

·
It's what we do
709 Posts
(5) nuts and (1) bolt under the anode. If you can drain the gear lube, drop the lower, replace the impeller, housing, gaskets, & wear plate, re-install the lower, fill it with gear lube, start and check suction in 1/2 hour I'll hire you!!!:D

·
LHC Architect
1,507 Posts
(5) nuts and (1) bolt under the anode. If you can drain the gear lube, drop the lower, replace the impeller, housing, gaskets, & wear plate, re-install the lower, fill it with gear lube, start and check suction in 1/2 hour I'll hire you!!!:D
yea like I am going to move from Havasu to El Monte:)sphss

your going to have to make a better offer than that;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.