Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any pics of a bbf alt mounting I have all the brackets but I dont know where the the brackets go theres so many holes on this damm water pump cover It went on drivers side butt not sure what holes to use thanks :)st

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
My BBF has the alt mounted on the right side of the motor and this is how it looks or looked while I was putting it back together.

Hope these help.

Greg

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
My alt. is mounted on the right hand side of the engine. Uses a hole in the head for the mountin/pivot point & the adjustment bracket is attached on the front motor plate.....

Only pic I got, I enlarged it & it got a little fuzzy, sorry.... Should give you an idea though.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
You have the same mounting that I have. If I were to try and mount on the other side, it would hit the fuel pump.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Hey sure do.... Hell, I'll take my blurry pic down, lol. Yours are way clearer. :)devil
Leave it up there. I was looking at one of the hulls you have in that photo but the guy didn't have any paper work and here in CA the owner has to ask for the lost title stuff or they won't touch it and it can't be registered... Or so the idiot on the phone told me. I don't see how that can be. I'm looking to build a 16' jet.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Isn't it funny how two neighboring states can be so different. When I bought my boat with a California title and took it to the DMV here in AZ, they threw the California title away and they don't issue a new one. No titles on boats here in Arizona, only the trailer. When you go to sell it you just sign the registration form over for the boat and of course transfer the trailer title. Apparently they consider the trailer a vehicle and not the boat.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Isn't it funny how two neighboring states can be so different. When I bought my boat with a California title and took it to the DMV here in AZ, they threw the California title away and they don't issue a new one. No titles on boats here in Arizona, only the trailer. When you go to sell it you just sign the registration form over for the boat and of course transfer the trailer title.
Well, I think I got hold of an idiot because a if the boat has ever been registered in CA they should be able to do a title search and verify the vehicle. Hell, in Missouri, they title the boat, trailer, and the motor. Just funny how NOTHING is standard. How do you get the hull ID number then?

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
It's just a random computer generated number (with no repeats) according to the game and fish officer that did my registration.

I did run into a little glitch when he ran the hull id number though. He said it was coming up a digit short. He ended up calling the State of California and they waived it through.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
It's just a random computer generated number (with no repeats) according to the game and fish officer that did my registration.

I did run into a little glitch when he ran the hull id number though. He said it was coming up a digit short. He ended up calling the State of California and they waived it through.
It's a crazy game they play and we pay. :D

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I think we high jacked this thread but the above photos give the idea as to how to mount the alt.

Hey Dan, do you know of a good outlet for buying the different color wire needed for a complete re-wire job? West Marine wants a small fortune for spools of wire in the right color codes. Greg

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Hey Devilman, I just noticed, you've got the same dirty pulley assembly on yoru Alt. as I have. LMAO!!!

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
I bought mine from a truck light type dealship here in Phoenix. The name of the place is Lighthouse.

Autosafetyhouse house carries it too (also a semi-truck trailer parts house). If you're trying to keep the colors original, good luck finding 14 gauge beige/tan wire. I managed to get all the colors correct but one. Had to substitute for the beige/tan.

It looks like both of these are local places, but any similar business (trailer/tractor) supply house would have it. Carquest carries it too.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I bought mine from a truck light type dealship here in Phoenix. Lighthouse.

Autosafetyhouse house carries it too. If you're trying to keep the colors original, good luck finding 14 gauge beige/tan wire. I managed to get all the colors correct but one. Had to substitute for the tan.
Not to mention the 2-color wires. I'll check them out. I think I'll go 16 gauge for everything except power and ground wires. Hell,I had to take the old Harden Marine harness apart for one wire 'cause I didn't want to buy 25' for 4' piece. I'll try that link you gave. Thanks

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Leave it up there. I was looking at one of the hulls you have in that photo but the guy didn't have any paper work and here in CA the owner has to ask for the lost title stuff or they won't touch it and it can't be registered... Or so the idiot on the phone told me. I don't see how that can be. I'm looking to build a 16' jet.
Sure, I can do that... :D Far as that title business goes, that sucks... They can't just re-issue a title based on the HIN#? Wouldn't think it would be all that difficult, but like you say, nothing is standard from state to state... Here in Texas, boat & trailer are both titled. On the boat title, there is a spot where they make note of an engine number, but thats it for inboards. If its an outboard though, the motor is titled seperately. :rolleyes: Hope you get it sorted out. My boat in the pic is an 18' by the way...... never knew Avenger had a 16 footer, that's cool..... :)

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Hey Devilman, I just noticed, you've got the same dirty pulley assembly on yoru Alt. as I have. LMAO!!!
Hahaha, yep. :D I was going to clean it up & paint it, but with the seats all in it, you can barely see it. It ties in with the look of the rest of my engine anyway, lol. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thaught mine bolted on the pass side but sanger rat said they were drivers side , my alt brackets are diff. then yours and I have two brackets where I see yours bolt one of the to the head directly with a bolt thrue the alt so Im still fishin for some more pics thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I thaught mine bolted on the pass side but sanger rat said they were drivers side , my alt brackets are diff. then yours and I have two brackets where I see yours bolt one of the to the head directly with a bolt thrue the alt so Im still fishin for some more pics thanks for the help
The photos above ARE the correct way a Ford 460 alt. is bolted up. Not only in a boat but also in the 1970 "T" Bird I had that had a 460 in it. Here you have 2 different boats from different parts of the country and both are the same as far as mounting the alt. I don't know where Sanger Rat gets his info, but it sounds more like the Chevy configuration.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts