Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our animals needs 3 injections a day @ $47 each if bought through the vet or local hospital.
Is there any other place to buy injectable antibiotics?

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
One of our animals needs 3 injections a day @ $47 each if bought through the vet or local hospital.

Thanks
I feel you pain, my miniature pincher is a diabetic and requires insulin shot everyday.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Ditto 1800PetMeds

·
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks[/quote

Online, I think my wife gets our dogs meds from 1800 pet Meds. It was a bigs savings compared to the Vet.
Thanks, so far they're half price, but no injectables.

Tried that, can't find a specific antibiodic

I feel you pain, my miniature pincher is a diabetic and requires insulin shot everyday.
That sux,, I feel for you. Ya don't realize how much your pets mean to you until their health goes south.

Ditto 1800PetMeds
Thanks

feed store or vet supply
The Vets are $$ and the feed stores seem to no longer carry the serious stuff.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what antibiotic? and i assume you have a scipt?
Meropenem.
It's the only stuff that works.

Yes, we have a prescription.

Was hoping to find it cheaper someplace else.

·
Registered
153 Posts
When my lab had cancer I had the vet call it into Costco, I could pickup the generic for much (like 50%) less than the vet had.

·
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When my lab had cancer I had the vet call it into Costco, I could pickup the generic for much (like 50%) less than the vet had.
Costco told us they don't sell injectables except insulin.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You may try other pharmacys like walgreens - can't hurt if they have it and the vet will call it in. Sorry to hear about the sick friend.

·
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the tips.

We believe he got the infection back with the pet food scandal.
We treated it,, and it eventually came back.
But it was an adventure figuring it out.

The first two Vets we took him to had no clue,, and even hinted at putting him down.
But we took him to a super Vet hospital in Bel Air,, and they had seen it and knew what it probably was when we checked him in.

$840 4 day test determined E coli.
Only two types of injectables will treat it, both human drugs (cut down of course) that so far we can only get through the wifes hospital.
One is very painfull, the other excellent.

My point is if your pet picks up an infection the smaller Vet clinics are stumped with,, move the tests furthur if the animal is that special and the budget can handle it.

He had tangled with a Racoon that tore him up really bad,, and we thought that his latest illness was sympathetic to that,, but no it was just a re-play of the E coli.

It gets into the liver and bile duct and takes 3 months to push back each episode.

I love pets,, but geeze the anguish,,

·
Trailer Trash Queen
1,591 Posts
How open are you to alternative help along with the scientific/medicinal help?

If you are, since this is an intestinal issue and meropenem is a strong antibiotic, I would definately be supplementing with some good probiotics. They could greatly help in the recovery process and possibly reduce the chances of a reoccurance.

·
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How open are you to alternative help along with the scientific/medicinal help?

If you are, since this is an intestinal issue and meropenem is a strong antibiotic, I would definately be supplementing with some good probiotics. They could greatly help in the recovery process and possibly reduce the chances of a reoccurance.
Oh yeah he's on Denemarin/Marin and Zantac.
Thanks for the tip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts