Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how durable are they if i was to pony up for one? could i run big hp for long time or are they high maintenance? do they flex too much? etc. -thanks

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
how durable are they if i was to pony up for one? could i run big hp for long time or are they high maintenance? do they flex too much? etc. -thanks
Mark is running a New century, and I am running a Brodix without any issues. Both of us have been at 30+ psi .

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
You don't want an aluminum BBC unless you are racing or the highest end of lake boating.

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With aluminum blocks being very common in production vehicles today I have to ask why you say this?
yes, wondering why?:hmmm:......... i am against putting an extra 50-90 lbs in my boat form an iron block . i am trying to improve e.t.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe he is considering a position on the IRF board of directors

first I would suggest he fix the issues he already has without tackling an aluminum block.
is that is directed towards me :grin:? i am told that i should get a new block by my engine builder. #8 hole has been sleeved from a cylinder crack & started leaking after the repair. most likely from being a factory block bored .110 over pushing over 1100 (estimated)hp. lots of deck threads have been repaired from stripping out, water always in the oil, head not keeping flat,blown head gaskets,etc. . i read that the o-ring should be a figure 8 style instead of the way my block has been done (for alum heads).... a lot to think about . need to make a plan for next build/repair.

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
It was not directed at you.

Aluminum blocks are not worth the expense unless you are racing or are a serious lake racer.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
It was not directed at you.

Aluminum blocks are not worth the expense unless you are racing or are a serious lake racer.
agreed.

Maybe he is considering a position on the IRF board of directors

first I would suggest he fix the issues he already has without tackling an aluminum block.
agree more.

is that is directed towards me :grin:? i am told that i should get a new block by my engine builder. #8 hole has been sleeved from a cylinder crack & started leaking after the repair. most likely from being a factory block bored .110 over pushing over 1100 (estimated)hp. lots of deck threads have been repaired from stripping out, water always in the oil, head not keeping flat,blown head gaskets,etc. . i read that the o-ring should be a figure 8 style instead of the way my block has been done (for alum heads).... a lot to think about . need to make a plan for next build/repair.
you can make all the hp you'll ever want with an aluminum block. reducing weight will always help with et, if you are comparing the exact same hp numbers. but going to an aluminum block is significantly more expensive than an iron block.

I'd just be curious where this 1100+hp was when you were racing kevin. because I've yet to see a video posted where he's racing against an 1100hp jet.

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
agreed.

agree more.

you can make all the hp you'll ever want with an aluminum block. reducing weight will always help with et, if you are comparing the exact same hp numbers. but going to an aluminum block is significantly more expensive than an iron block.

I'd just be curious where this 1100+hp was when you were racing kevin. because I've yet to see a video posted where he's racing against an 1100hp jet.
my hull is very inefficient & my intake water pressure is low

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Might wonna spend the money on a good hull ;) jus sayin

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Did the same machinist tell you to shit can that badly polished crankshaft, or is he the one that polished it?
Do yourself a favor, learned to walk before you go pole vaulting.
Get a Dart block, which you should have done before trying to make 1100 HP with a stock block, and only creates the issues you are having, and have it checked by somebody that knows what they are doing.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 125 Posts