Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone running aluminum driveshafts in fast jetboats? Just wondering if they were much lighter if any than a lenco driveline.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
You don't need to if you have a turbo motor that makes 3000k hp on pump gas ( Chevy headed ) like that's possible lol you morons actually believe that ! Lmfao ! The dyno sheet says so !!! :hmmm:
I agree those numbers sound pretty impressive but he has dyno results to prove it and Steve Morris is pretty well respected.

I questioned about the standard "she makes 3500 hp" that all the Top alcohol guys claim.
I've never seen dyno results of a roots blown alky motor making that hp number as of yet, and no one has produced any, but most seem to believe it.

Is, "word of mouth" more believable to you than dyno results ?

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
You don't need to if you have a turbo motor that makes 3000k hp on pump gas ( Chevy headed ) like that's possible lol you morons actually believe that ! Lmfao ! The dyno sheet says so !!! :hmmm:
That is a 5" bore spaced engine. Not really much left there that is common "chevy", especially the heads.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I agree those numbers sound pretty impressive but he has dyno results to prove it and Steve Morris is pretty well respected.

I questioned about the standard "she makes 3500 hp" that all the Top alcohol guys claim.
I've never seen dyno results of a roots blown alky motor making that hp number as of yet, and no one has produced any, but most seem to believe it.

Is, "word of mouth" more believable to you than dyno results ?
Come on Mark! You dont buy that an alky engine with a roots can make 3500? :stir::wink2:

·
Registered
6,278 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
3500 hp impressive. Chevy heads?
What does your place craft run to the 660 again?
I'd be surprised to find a conventional Chevy head that didn't crack after you hogged it out enough to flow enough to support 3,500 hp then tried to cram enough boost through the ports to make that kind of power.

5.0 inch bore space stuff? sure. conventional stuff? probably not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts