Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size heads and brand do you guys think i should get for my motor. It is a 509 merlin, 10to1 comp, solid flat tap cam 632, victor jr intake with a 910 holley c&j? thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
what size heads and brand do you guys think i should get for my motor. It is a 509 merlin, 10to1 comp, solid flat tap cam 632, victor jr intake with a 910 holley c&j? thanks in advance
Send Steelcomp a PM and see if he still has some Canfields he can let go of. Otherwise I would consider AFR 305 as casts with the CNC'd chamber since you already have that manifold.

Regardless of which head you get, I don't recommend putting assembled heads on any engine unless they have been stripped down and checked. Even better, get bare heads and have them built.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Send Steelcomp a PM and see if he still has some Canfields he can let go of. Otherwise I would consider AFR 305 as casts with the CNC'd chamber since you already have that manifold.

Regardless of which head you get, I don't recommend putting assembled heads on any engine unless they have been stripped down and checked. Even better, get bare heads and have them built.
ok thanks guys

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have the AFR 325, that have been fully cnc ported on my 496 10-1 comp and they seem to be working great and they were stripped down etc with a profiler t-ram with a set of 750 dominators

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

X2 on that. A while back i saw a set of ready to run deals from that one place. It had a heli-coil for one of the rocker studs....with 2 1/2 turn of the coil hanging in the intake runner.

Think maybe it was the latest in chinese intake runner compensation technology?:rolleyes:.........Eh...i didn't think so:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts