Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stripping my boat and re polishing EVERYTHING...(Yes Again) and this time am thinking about clear PC or clear anodizing. anyone have any suggestions? I have a couple jugs of sharks hide and I have used zoops before but it is worthless. Who has used what and do you have any Pix? I want the aluminum protected from the water in the ocean at San Diego and in Phoenix races.

·
burnt mexican incorprated
363 Posts
I am stripping my boat and re polishing EVERYTHING...(Yes Again) and this time am thinking about clear PC or clear anodizing. anyone have any suggestions? I have a couple jugs of sharks hide and I have used zoops before but it is worthless. Who has used what and do you have any Pix? I want the aluminum protected from the water in the ocean at San Diego and in Phoenix races.
hey cy .... im over the polishing ... i still do it for others but on my stuff... pc and crome ... i want to have all the bling but getting to come home and put the cover on the boat and only having to polish some valve covers and the exhaust is great ... .. some day ill be a cool as you ....:):)punch

·
363 Posts
I've been thinking about doing the same, my rails just get tore up from the header water lines. I was thinking about clear PC or anodizing. Curious how much it kills the shine of a polish'd peice with out the PC/anodizing.
shawn ... the only thing that ive seen on polished and cleared pc is that over time the pc gets milky and takes away from all that polishing work under neath ... we ... [six-oh-nine ..suggested i clear pc my intake manifold , and it looked great .. till a carb bowl bolt started leaking around the o-ring and killed the pc ... i tried to wax the stain out but noluck ... it does look killer and would do parts that werent gonna be around gas or lots of heat ...thats y i like paint so much ... just a tought .. and there are so many bitchen pc colors that i like ive just change from polish to color ...

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shawn ... the only thing that ive seen on polished and cleared pc is that over time the pc gets milky and takes away from all that polishing work under neath ... we ... [six-oh-nine ..suggested i clear pc my intake manifold , and it looked great .. till a carb bowl bolt started leaking around the o-ring and killed the pc ... i tried to wax the stain out but noluck ... it does look killer and would do parts that werent gonna be around gas or lots of heat ...thats y i like paint so much ... just a tought .. and there are so many bitchen pc colors that i like ive just change from polish to color ...
I will chrome if I have to. Come get your rims and tires Julio. they are in my parents lower yard.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
here is a pic of the ceramic from embee, everything you see that is polished has a ceramic
clear on it. ask Tiki about it.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow, that looks great. That may be the way I am going to have to go. how is the boat coming along?

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
you can use just about anything to clean it. it's not a powder coat so it won't yellow with time and is very thin. carb cleaner and fuel will not "eat" or haze it. i use lucas spray detail with a micro fiber cloth on my boat and engine. the entire engine takes about 10 minutes to wipe down. it's the best of both worlds - polished aluminum without the up keep.

thanks for the pic outlaw.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you can use just about anything to clean it. it's not a powder coat so it won't yellow with time and is very thin. carb cleaner and fuel will not "eat" or haze it. i use lucas spray detail with a micro fiber cloth on my boat and engine. the entire engine takes about 10 minutes to wipe down. it's the best of both worlds - polished aluminum without the up keep.

Where are you located. I won't be dropping anything off for a month or so but I think this is the way to go.

Cy

·
Registered
609 Posts

conrad will it hold up well in the dunes?? Or does i pitt and get dull? I also have a aircraft prop and nose cone to drop off to be redone up with a lil bling.. Can you guys take care of it?

Thanks
Monroe

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts

No problem, I hope you didnt mind me posting your engine pic, kind of thought it was funny
this thread came up since you had just sent those pics to me.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
here is a pic of the ceramic from embee, everything you see that is polished has a ceramic
clear on it. ask Tiki about it.
I've never been impressed with any coated headers, but I have to say those are the best looking coated headers I have ever seen, damn near like chrome. Those are sweet!

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I've never been impressed with any coated headers, but I have to say those are the best looking coated headers I have ever seen, damn near like chrome. Those are sweet!
I think they call that header coating polished stainless steel :D

·
363 Posts
I will chrome if I have to. Come get your rims and tires Julio. they are in my parents lower yard.
id love to get them but im in the process of moving and remolding to the new house... i forgott how much did you want 4 them ... ? :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.