Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems one of my aluminum I beams on my scarabs trailer has developed a small crack... Im assuming from vibration.. Any boat/trailer in or near the sacramento area have a lift to remove boat from trailer but also specialize in aluminum welding?

Id like to repair this asap, i dont realky wanna drag it around like this.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Call Steve @ California Trailer Works in Sacramento. They built me a new trailer last year that turned out superb. They have the boat lift on site.

916-381-7619

Thanks cheetah, thats actually where i ended up. Trailer is coming along well, getting welded up today an decided to go ahead an install new 4x10 bunks, lose a few rubber rollers an install new centering bunks as well. Awesome guy to deal with.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tell Steve that Marcel with the Howard Bullet sent you. I have been very happy with their professional work and customer service so I try to send anyone I can.
Will do.

Trailer is all welded up an ready to have my boat dropped back on it come monday. Gonna have some braces made up to keep the upper flange of the ibeam from flexing.. Seems to be huge issue with alum beam trailers after researching it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts