Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than Smiley (love you sweetheart), Shorty and Mrs. BJDS (BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER), I think this space is mostly us guys. I'd love to hear Smiley, Shorty and Mrs. BJDS's input on this too, but I'm putting this out there for the guys.

All in all, do you regret the things you've done, or the decisions you've made to be with the woman you're with? I've recently fallen in love and it feels SO good. Normally, I wouldn't even ask. But, there are a few things that make me wonder "Am I making the right choice?".

The last positive thing I'm going to say about her is... SHE MAKES MY HEART SING.

Okay, anyways, back to the point. I didn't want to say anything about it to you guys, but I was planning to move to Hawaii this coming February. I just figured I'm single with no children, might as well take advantage of that and go where ever the wind takes me. Hawaii seemed like a good place for the wind to blow.

Then I met her. She lives in Canada. She's 39 and I usually date girls that are 21-25. She has 4 children and she's currently separating in her marriage.

Am I crazy? Move on? Follow my heart? WTF???

I know many of you have been around the block a time or two. Right now I'm 99.99% moving to Canada (not Hawaii) in February. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Sorry to have brought such a conversation into "Man World".

Blowers, turbo's, BIG CID... Did that compensate for the general wussie-ness of this post?

Again, thanks guys, for your input.

·
Registered
498 Posts
That is so far out there I call BULLSHIT on the whole post..

If you are serious one of your friends needs to kick you ass for even considering it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
That is so far out there I call BULLSHIT on the whole post..

If you are serious one of your friends needs to kick you ass for even considering it.
LMAO, Im glad u said it!

Just in case youre serious, be careful, she'll probably end up back with her husband.......anyways, youre not going anywhere, were not done boating yet! :)hand

·
!%@#$
508 Posts
Am I F'ing Crazy??? :)bulb

Reality

dates 21-25 yr olds :)devil

now with 39yr old + 4 kids :)Violin

switching from Hawaii to Canada l):ame

I know love is blind sometimes as most of us guys have had the ole "bait and switch" pulled on us by our better halves in the early stages but COME ON..

Sounds like internet dating at its finest :)computer

Just my 2 cents.

hil:)

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
FOK THAT SETH... there is plenty of dump truck broads with 4+ kids right here in cali why go to canada:)sphss, bro you live in sacramento AKA sac-town the mack town there is plenty of tail out there!:D
plus 2 adults,4 kids and a cooler dont fit in your boat so if it dont fit dont need it:)bulb

·
Cheers for beers!
609 Posts
Seth,
I myself would not due what your about to do. Have you met her in person, or is it a internet fling? Theres plenty of fish in the sea that have no guppies. My wife and I have 4 young kids between the 2 of us, and it can get real hard at times when just the 2 of us want to get out together. The last time the two of us went on a date together was probably over a year ago, no BS. That there alone puts a huge strain on relationships. With the kids not being yours I could see it not lasting for that long. Do what you feel is right, but I feel it's a bad decission. Go to Hawaii where it's warm and there are chicks swarming in bikinis(or even better stay here in sac). If your 99.99% sure you are gonna move to Canada, the likley hood of our opinions probably is going to stop you. Have fun, good luck, and dont get mad when people say; I told you so...

·
Northern CA DCB Sales
1,230 Posts

Reality

I know love is blind sometimes as most of us guys have had the ole "bait and switch" pulled on us by our better halves in the early stages but COME ON..

Just my 2 cents.

Ditto! At 24 I dated a 35 year old with three kids. Great girl, but she went NUTS after four months! Fun while it lasted, but lucky I made it out alive! I wish I was kidding!

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts
How long has it been? The first 6 months is always the best. Wait it out. I married into 2 kids. It can be tough. My advice,
Stay The F___ Out.

·
Trying to Re-Member
794 Posts

Reality

Just my 2 cents.

Well, your boating bros are trying to look out for you.....even if she's the one I'd think about it long and hard before I jumped into this deal!! Good luck buddy!

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
I follow my heart , latley it has been attatched to a couple of big balls :)

Hats off Seth . If you love her and its right - you will know it - if she sucks a pillow threw your ass -- well marry her :D

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
LMAO, Im glad u said it!

Just in case youre serious, be careful, she'll probably end up back with her husband.......anyways, youre not going anywhere, were not done boating yet! :)hand
Very well put, especially the last sentence:)devil

OK, I'm not a DLB member but I probably should be since I know a lot of you guys anyway, and I know Seth as well . . . . Seth brother, if it is not BS, I say DONT DO IT! There are tons of chicks out there and while it feels good to be with one, it took me loosing everything twice in the last 9 years to learn the hard way . . . . . where I blew it was like you I was unattached and could go in any direction, so I did what at the time I thought was right. If I had only tried to talk myself out of it rather that talk myself into it, I would have been a whole lot better off . . . . . . just my two pesos Bro:)devil

BTW . . . . glad you didn't post this on Open Water . . . . no tellin' where this thread would have gone . . . . :))eek:))

Good luck - LSR

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
Well Seth if I knew how to quote every post on here, then I would cuzz they are all right on.. Now you say she is getting seperated and now she has you... mmmm Mark my words when she gets seperated from you she will also have a new guy.. and 4 kids, get real... Seth come on over , I'll lock you up in the spare room and throw rocks at you till you get your head on straight again.. and tradin some tight little 21 yr old for a 4 time 39 yr old???? Seth my boy, I know you are smarter then that. You are a thinker, so please start and use the big head for a while...:D

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Knock the bottom out of it.....

and move quickly toward the exit....

Excess baggage makes this a hit and run at best...

Find a little hottie with NO KIDS...You will be much happier overall...

WC

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hell I wouldn't mind findig a 21 year old hottie, but just when things get goin good my wife would roll over and nudge me and ruin my great dream!! :D:)sphss
Seth, Bro Why you thinkin of moving anyways, just look around in Sac-town you can get some good trim up there. Stay put and use the big head on top. Good luck.

·
Registered
939 Posts
say what?

As much as I'd like to be messin with 20 somethings, a more mature woman has its attractions.

My question? If she's in Canada, and your here, how could you have possibly spent enouph time with her to know she's the one?

Jerry

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
Commute?

Seth, I haven't forgotten that I've offered you a job in the hydraulics field. Boy, that's one long commute! Make the next lunch run and we can all "talk". Or lock you in the spare room and throww rocks at you.:|err:(:(:)sphss:|err:)devil

·
Serviiice
69 Posts
Crazy

Yes, I think you are crazy right now:D Don't do it, Canada Eh? Do I need to take you under my wing:)devil p.s. Hud your illustrations crack me up

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gosh guys, thanks for all the input, especially for those of you who took the time to share your personal experience and life.

While not an internet fling, e-mail is the preferred method of communication due to schedule conflicts. We met at Joe's Crab Shack in Old Town Sac way back in July and, as War Canoe so eloquently put it, it was a "Hit it and quit it" situation. But we've stayed it touch ever since. I never thought anything was going to be serious at all, just a good time and a new friend.

The more we shared with each other the more I wanted to see her again. So, a couple weeks ago she drove down and I flew up to Spokane, WA to hang out for a weekend. Talk about sparks flying, it was like a large grinder on thin wall mild steel tubing! Not only the conversation and emotional connection and not only the unbelievable sex. Everything combined made me feel like a stupid school boy.

I don't think I'm being too ignorant, I know that passion and infatuation are not love. It's fun and exciting, just not love. Written out, there are many pro's and may con's to pursuing this as a reality. I'm just feeling such a strong connection that I can't see what harm may come by moving up there to give it a whirl. Not like we'd be living together right off the bat and it's not like Hawaii is sinking. All options still remain open. The real price to pay will be heart ache if things go sour. I don't see that happening, but I'm not ignorant to the possibility. I will never avoid the joy just to avoid the pain.

What I really wanted to know is; do you regret doing the things you've done to be with the woman you are with? I'm sure you've all made huge sacrifices in one way or another. Was it worth it for you?

·
Cheers for beers!
609 Posts
Gosh guys, thanks for all the input, especially for those of you who took the time to share your personal experience and life.

While not an internet fling, e-mail is the preferred method of communication due to schedule conflicts. We met at Joe's Crab Shack in Old Town Sac way back in July and, as War Canoe so eloquently put it, it was a "Hit it and quit it" situation. But we've stayed it touch ever since. I never thought anything was going to be serious at all, just a good time and a new friend.

The more we shared with each other the more I wanted to see her again. So, a couple weeks ago she drove down and I flew up to Spokane, WA to hang out for a weekend. Talk about sparks flying, it was like a large grinder on thin wall mild steel tubing! Not only the conversation and emotional connection and not only the unbelievable sex. Everything combined made me feel like a stupid school boy.

I don't think I'm being too ignorant, I know that passion and infatuation are not love. It's fun and exciting, just not love. Written out, there are many pro's and may con's to pursuing this as a reality. I'm just feeling such a strong connection that I can't see what harm may come by moving up there to give it a whirl. Not like we'd be living together right off the bat and it's not like Hawaii is sinking. All options still remain open. The real price to pay will be heart ache if things go sour. I don't see that happening, but I'm not ignorant to the possibility. I will never avoid the joy just to avoid the pain.

What I really wanted to know is; do you regret doing the things you've done to be with the woman you are with? I'm sure you've all made huge sacrifices in one way or another. Was it worth it for you?
If I regreted what ive done, and the sacrafices that ive made, I'd be in a focked up relationship. So my answer is no I dont regret, and yes it is well worth it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts