Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a video link I had to share! It really motivates me to always try and buy American made goods. The link below will play an ABC News segment on this topic worth watching in my opinion.

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_04vzdsr5/uiconf_id/5590821

I hope this hyper link works. This video really demonstrates why buying American really makes a difference. I support and applaud this type of effort and business ethic.

KAP

P.S. I was kinda surprised to see this coverage by the mainstream media...stunned actually.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Best post ever!!!! I'm going to pass that video on to everyone I know.
We will pass this on as well , Thanks Kap this was inspiring ! Ironically and coincidentaly my son Josh handed these to me yesterday (below) , was quite proud my "20 something" thought of adding these to our orders on his own , Admittedly not everything we sell is Made in the US but increasingly were looking more for the suppliers and vendors that can say this, as well as manufacturing many of our own products I belive it will make a difference Thank you ! Tom

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Excellent !!!

When I was a construction Superintendent doing commercial work on military bases typically the project spec's were that all materials used were to be "Made in America" . What we found was drywall screws were the most difficult American made item to find.

I have a supply house here in Anchorage that I buy from that sells only made in America items. The double hot dip gun nails are by far better than the cheap china junk and I can attest to the less jamming mentioned in the video .... and you know what.... it just feels better using stuff made by fellow Americans right here in our United States of America. :)devil

Thanks for sharing Kap :))THumbsUp

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We will pass this on as well , Thanks Kap this was inspiring ! Ironically and coincidentaly my son Josh handed these to me yesterday (below) , was quite proud my "20 something" thought of adding these to our orders on his own , Admittedly not everything we sell is Made in the US but increasingly were looking more for the suppliers and vendors that can say this, as well as manufacturing many of our own products I belive it will make a difference Thank you ! Tom

Comment:

Hey Tom sorry I did not reply earlier.

Thanks! glad you all liked the video it really is important and makes a difference.

Tom.... I look for those stickers and try and support AMERICAN made vendors.. even at Walmart. I will look for the Made in America seal....when everything else is Chinese junk.

I really make an effort to buy products made in America even if they cost slightly more.

KAP

P.S. Probably should post up all the American Companies on that list and ones which might make good Christmas gifts.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=..._pmjBg&usg=AFQjCNFNVluxddwJxUXmOPO_ED91oajm5g

This is a good source but be careful. I like Carhartt clothing.... jackets and pull overs for friends at Christmas great gifts.

Note: On this site if you read the side section "Why buy American" it echo's what was said in the video...buying American products = JOBS in America.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Great thread KAP and thanks Rexone for posting site I will check this out when I'am going to buy something, I hate buying stuff from Wal of china mart.
Mary Beth researchs these companies pretty close before they're added to the site. Typically someone will request to be added and she reviews it and adds, or in some cases not if not all USA products.

We're adding this company very shortly: American Tuna - Six Fishing Families - San Diego, CA.

Jack Webster who is a friend and boat captain I sportfished with back in the 90's owns part of this company and is also president of American Albacore Fishing Association | Operated by American Fishermen, for American Fishermen.

They catch and process all Northern Pacific Albacore and process it all in the U.S. They only catch 2-5 year old albacore which have very low Mercury content (trace amounts).

It's more money than name brands but it is not mushy watery crap albacore. It is literally an albacore steak in a can, no by products, no oil, no water, no nothin. It is the most delicious albacore I've ever eaten other than those I've caught myself and it rivals that. The way they cook it in the can and the latest canning techniques give it a 10 year shelf life. Great to eat and great survival food to have on hand in case of disaster. You can eat this stuff right from the can and its really good. You could live on this for days or weeks easily and small cans (6oz) are ideal for storage. There's little comparison to Star Kist or Chicken of the Sea Albacore, etc.

Support our U.S. fishery and U.S. jobs and try some of this stuff. You can buy it online right on his site or available at Whole Foods and a few other outlets listed there. I just ordered a case of 24 cans last night off his site (freight free too on half and full cases). You can order individual cans just to try also.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Mike:

It is funny you post up a tuna product. In the past my family would buy cases of tuna from Pan Pacific now Tri-Marine in San Pedro/Terminal Island. Local tuna processed at the last remaining cannery in the United States. I do not know what became of this cannery but they had the best tasting tuna and their packs were nothing but loin and not shavings.

I still have some Bluefin Belly packed in Imported Olive Oil it now goes for $58 dollars a can. I also have cases of Yellowfin packed in olive oil. The taste is incredible. You can put the tuna on a nice mixed green salad and it is awesome....power house meal.

I miss those days of going up to the cannery.

KAP

·
Registered
173 Posts
This was a video link I had to share! It really motivates me to always try and buy American made goods. The link below will play an ABC News segment on this topic worth watching in my opinion.

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_04vzdsr5/uiconf_id/5590821

I hope this hyper link works. This video really demonstrates why buying American really makes a difference. I support and applaud this type of effort and business ethic.

KAP

P.S. I was kinda surprised to see this coverage by the mainstream media...stunned actually.
i couldnt agree more...........the gutting of our manufacturing is a major part of our prob......

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Funny , but this thread stirred a few "Christmas past" memories and got me thinking back to the 50's 60's (probably too far back for alot here) My recollection was that lots of toys and small electronics and gagets like transistor and chrystal radios etc back then had tiny lables that said "made in Japan" and remembering too that those words on a item often (at least in a our house) were a sort of a joke and often designated those products as being "cheap", easily broken or of lesser quality , just food for thought, guess maybe we (America) lost our way ? Tom

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Made in U.S.A. Yes. :))THumbsUp

Made in China, not so much. :))ThumbsDwn

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey REX:

I was thinking of bumping this thread....then it just appeared.

Merry Christmas and thank you for your hard work and vigilance on the site.

You know I try and buy American all the time.

Story:

I had an American Company do some work for me sent some stuff in for work. Told them do whatever it takes to get the product in top shape provided credit card for payment. Get the product back and it looks like a third grader was working on it and left it in a mess and still charged me for it. American companies also need to also ratchet up their game and make damn sure everything that goes out is better than any Chinese substitute.

In process of making it right but waiting until after the holidays.

Gone are the days of sub-standard work being acceptable.

Love my country and the products we make.

KAP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts