16-Delco Distributor Parts - Singapore
17-Manley Rods - Israel
18-Dorman Dampers - Korea
19-ACL Beraings - Australia
20-Weiand - China
21-Mr. Gasket - China
22-TRW (Forged) Pistons - India
23-MSD - China

just a short list, most of the raw materials are made foreign and then come to the U.S. for final machining or inspection. The list keeps growing.:mad:

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
and your point is??????????????? that's called a global economy
yep;) every american wants a high payin job, cheap products. that's forces production offshore, cause american workers want the big $$$, which shows up in the products retail $$$$$:)bulb can't have your cake and eat it too :p

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
yep;) every american wants a high payin job, cheap products. that's forces production offshore, cause american workers want the big $$$, which shows up in the products retail $$$$$:)bulb can't have your cake and eat it too :p
The EPA and such have alot to do with it too.:|err

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
The EPA and such have alot to do with it too.:|err
sure it does, but you gotta think how much do they pay a chinese worker to forged a crank compared to a american worker, american ceo/chinese ceo, etc.?;) i don't like it as much as the next guy, but its the way it is. when i can buy american, i do, ya just don't see that label much anymore.

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
exactly! Maybe more companies should go into Mexico to provide jobs and cut down on the imigration issue we all love to hate?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
"Made In" countries!!

1-Eaton Valves - China
2-King Bearings - Israel
3-Sealed Power Valves - South Africa
4-Mahle Pistons - Mexico / China
5-Callies Cranks - Japan / China
6-Eagle - China
7-Scat - China
8-K-B Pistons - Mexico
9-Speed-Pro Racing Valves - Brazil
10-Ferreas Valves - Argentina
11-S.I. Valves - China
12-Precision Valves - China
13-GMPP Valves - Pakistan
14-Corteco/ROL - Spain / Taiwan
15-Zoom Clutches - China
16-Delco Distributor Parts - Singapore
17-Manley Rods - Israel
18-Dorman Dampers - Korea
19-ACL Beraings - Australia
20-Weiand - China
21-Mr. Gasket - China
22-TRW (Forged) Pistons - India
23-MSD - China

just a short list, most of the raw materials are made foreign and then come to the U.S. for final machining or inspection. The list keeps growing.:mad:

10-Ferras Valves - Argentina. Now i know why it took so long to get them

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
exactly! Maybe more companies should go into Mexico to provide jobs and cut down on the imigration issue we all love to hate?
;) good thinkin, you otta run for pres, seem to think more clearly than the current choices:D

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
A lot of the problem IS over regulation. Everything from worker environment by OSHA to production by the EPA results in higher operating costs. Add that to the already expensive task of operating a plant or factory. Ask Rex or any other manufacturer here on PB, I'm sure they can tell ya.

I see eventually all non-essential production going out of the country in the future for many reasons but primarily for expense reduction. I think that it will end up costing too much to run and operate a business that produces these types of products. I think we should get use to the idea of purchasing all of our creature comfort and luxury products online. Business's that ARE essential to immediate needs like service/labor, agriculture based business will be the only ones able to make it here.

There are certain groups of people that absolutely hate the idea of advancement of the free market/free enterprise system and or the fact that the US has been prosperous for such a long period of time. As such, seek to reduce that status by regulation, legislation and or diminishing our ability to produce high quality products at affordable costs. There's also flat out greed that exists on both sides.

The other end of it, in this day and age, I think Americans under appreciate quality products. It's not like it was 30, 40 or 50 years ago when the majority of people actually gave a crap about the quality of the product they were buying or whether it was "Made in the USA". It seems nowadays, the attitude is "How many can I get and how fast can I get them?". Plus Americans like to buy cheap too. I suspect that comes from a lack of or inability to appreciate a quality product or service.

Ok, I'm off to Walmart :D

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
If corporate top dogs were not so greedy that American worker could make a living.

The prez of a company lays off 100 Americans, closes that factory and sends all jobs to Malaysia. He gets a ridiculous bonus while the worker and the town are SOL. The price of the goods doesn't go down. It stay the same or slightly increases for that huge bonus those at the top will get.

Kinda like GM Lay Off thousands of American workers, jobs go to China. The Main man gets a 100 million dollar boner and we as Americans get a cheaper shittier truck that is American in name alone. Price is higher for that China made truck too. Sucks but yea. it is what it is. :(:(:mad::)coffee

·
Registered
557 Posts
I see eventually all non-essential production going out of the country in the future for many reasons but primarily for expense reduction.
I saw a newscast about one year ago, saying that if we damaged trade relations with China, Japan, ect that our military would be crippled within 3 months. All of the electronic parts (boards, ect) are made in these countrys for Tanks, military airplanes, weapons systems onboard ships, ect.

Kinda scary when you think about it!

Ken

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
I saw a newscast about one year ago, saying that if we damaged trade relations with China, Japan, ect that our military would be crippled within 3 months. All of the electronic parts (boards, ect) are made in these countrys for Tanks, military airplanes, weapons systems onboard ships, ect.

Ken
I don't know much about what products are made where but this post caught my eye. I used to work for a company here in San Diego that made/makes tank simulators. The boards were pre-fabbed and the company I used to work for pretty much made everything else in-house. Not much of a simulator without the boards. It's odd the boards were the only part shipped in... we should get middle eastern companies to manage our ports for ships and our airports. Then we'd be all set(-up). :|err

How about a more positive thread? A list of companies that does make there stuff here?

:(:(

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Reminds me of fall 2001. Following 9/11, the Pres said we needed to support the economy and I had been eying an '02 Harley Screamin' Eagle Road King. Pulled trigger, brought it home and started taking off all of the warning stickers. When I got to the rotors, there were the "Made in China" stickers on my All American, made in Milwaukie, good ol' american iron motorcycle! I was pissed! Still love the bike, but sure hated seeing those stickers.
CC

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Reminds me of fall 2001. Following 9/11, the Pres said we needed to support the economy and I had been eying an '02 Harley Screamin' Eagle Road King. Pulled trigger, brought it home and started taking off all of the warning stickers. When I got to the rotors, there were the "Made in China" stickers on my All American, made in Milwaukie, good ol' american iron motorcycle! I was pissed! Still love the bike, but sure hated seeing those stickers.
CC
where do you think arlen ness gets his stuff made:)hand

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

Ken
no way, material traceability is a huge deal in Aerospace. Trust me, no chink bolts are on an FA18.

I worked on the intergrated sight unit for the Bradley at Hughes Aircraft. We made all the boards in house. And every part that went in them had a material traveler with them.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts