Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While Doc is a bit more "enthusiastic" than others, I don't understand some of you.

Plenty of people "here" who support themselves, either through their own business, or otherwise gainfully employed in the private "performance" driven sector, and are not otherwise on the public dole one way or another, are infighting for no reason other than on principle. We have a two party system, love it or hate it, for the time being, it is what it is.

We have two candidates this coming election, not a third or fourth.

Voting for anyone other than the two is essentially voting with the vast entitlement society that is dragging this once great country down. I have said the same to my mother in law, and she wants to vote on principle. "Because if enough people vote for Ron Paul, or Ralph Nader, (or Mickey Mouse), eventually they will get elected." She is absolutely correct, on principle.

Well, I'm calling you guys fanantics. Because in my opinion, what all of you are talking about is an ideal.

Thats great, and it is a great ideal, AND I AGREE, just because I wish it were true, it isn't fucking REALITY.

I live in CA, and while I know my fucked up state will vote with bob no matter what, I still vote, because it is all I can do. The reality is, my vote doesn't count for shit, but at least I try, and I don't throw it away on some fanatic idealist hope anymore than I imagine I would win the lottery.

So please, just consider if the guy you want to vote for, really has a chance to win. Because that is all that matters. Put aside the petty bickering about his religion, or the daily, what he said, or didn't say, or if his last speech "humanized him"(that was a good one), or what color fucking shirt he wore, that was the same color as yesterday. In my opinion, it is all smoke and mirrors meant to divide.

Whether or not Romney will be good for the country and do what he says, pales in comparison to the last 4 years we had. We can't afford another four of the same. It can't be worse, it just can't.

If Romney gets elected, and things are worse, then I won't say shit again.

I just don't understand the bickering. The democrats hardly bicker. A united front is most of what you see. Clintoooon knows what he has to do, and you know HE doesn't like it, and you know Hillary REALLY doesnt like it. But you don't see a major democrat candidate running against bob to split the vote.

What do you guys think?

Alright I am going out to the shop, to earn my custumer's money, I'll be back later.

Brian

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
While Doc is a bit more "enthusiastic" than others, I don't understand some of you.

Plenty of people "here" who support themselves, either through their own business, or otherwise gainfully employed in the private performance driven sector, and are not otherwise on the public dole one way or another, are infighting for no reason other than on principle. We have a two party system, love it or hate it, for the time being, it is what it is.

Voting for anyone other than the two is essentially voting with the vast entitlement society that is dragging this once great country down. I have said the same to my mother in law, and she wants to vote on principle. "Because if enough people vote for Ron Paul, or Ralph Nader, (or Mickey Mouse), eventually they will get elected." She is absolutely correct, on principle.

Well, I'm calling you guys fanantics. Because in my opinion, what all of you are talking about is an ideal.

Thats great, and it is a great ideal AND I AGREE, just because I wish it were true, it isn't fucking REALITY.

I live in CA, and while I know my fucked up state will vote with bob no matter what, I still vote, because it is all I can do. The reality is, my vote doesn't count for shit, but at least I try, and I don't throw it away on some fanatic idealist hope anymore than I imagine I would win the lottery.

So please, just consider if the guy you want to vote for, really has a chance to win. Because that is all that matters. Put aside the petty bickering about his religion, or the daily, what he said, or didn't say, or if his last speech "humanized him"(that was a good one), or what color fucking shirt he wore, that was the same color as yesterday. In my opinion, it is all smoke and mirrors meant to divide.

Whether or not Romney will be good for the country and do what he says, pales in comparison to the last 4 years we had. We can't afford another four of the same. It can't be worse, it just can't.

I just don't understand the bickering. The democrats hardly bicker. A united front is most of what you see. Clintoooon knows what he has to do, and you know HE doesn't like it, and you know Hillary REALLY doesnt like it. But you don't see a major democrat candidate running against bob to split the vote.

What do you guys think?

Alright I am going out to the shop, to earn my custumer's money, I'll be back later.

Brian
One solution to fix it would be to eliminate the electoral college. Then everyone's vote would actually mean something again. All equal and no more swing state bullshit with basically a handful of states choosing a president.

Yes it would have it's drawbacks but I can't think of any that would justify not doing something about it.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I think your spot on and I feel the same way. I'm not a fan of Romney, and it has nothing to do with religion, or any of the other nonsense. That being said, he will most definitely get my vote. I completely agree that another four years of this clown in office will make the last four pale in comparison. Anybody that will vote for Paul, Johnson, etc. is the same bird of a feather that sticks their head in the sand and goes lalalalalala is doing the exact same thing that they criticize the left for ignoring what's right there in front of them.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
One solution to fix it would be to eliminate the electoral college. Then everyone's vote would actually mean something again. All equal and no more swing state bullshit with basically a handful of states choosing a president.

Yes it would have it's drawbacks but I can't think of any that would justify not doing something about it.
I agree! I don't feel my vote ever counts. Sad that all 50 somthing electoral Calif votes go one way or the other! :|err

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

I agree. The EC may have outlived its usefulness. Many people say the same about unions. Do something about that in a non election year. All attention needs to be on the task at hand.

But again. We have the system we have.

Brian

·
Registered
3,509 Posts

Hello, earth to boss, earth to boss, that does not reflect the decisions to be made in the next 60 days nor does it answer the original intent of this thread. If anything, it shows the idealistic thinking and ignoring the real short term issues.

·
1,512 Posts
BOSS is a big idea thinker. Politicians try to gain an advantage in the EC years in advance. As for now, Romney's my candidate although he's had to move to the right just to get members of his own party to vote. Hope he stays there once elected. Pandering to the spineless that want to be on the fence is BS, but a necessity to get elected.

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
We bicker becuase we don't nutswing to every idea a GOP elite has. We are actually capable of critical thinking and problem solving. We all have different ideals of what should be done and what the priority on issues are. We don't defend to the death every idea a GOP elite has or every action that an GOP elite does like our liberal counterparts do.

The EC is the least of our worries and the least of mine.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hello, earth to boss, earth to boss, that does not reflect the decisions to be made in the next 60 days nor does it answer the original intent of this thread. If anything, it shows the idealistic thinking and ignoring the real short term issues.
I think the original thread mentioned something about infighting. What purpose does this comment serve?

I had no better answers for short term problems. My vote is also meaningless but I will cast it anyway along with others stating the same thing. The only thing I had to offer at the time was a possible solution whether it be short term or long term. The electoral college system could actually be changed, at least some, in the next 60 days if anyone actually wanted to.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Regardless of what others may think, type or believe, I am not voting for Romney for any reason other than qualifications. I would support Newt, Paul, Cain and even Santorum or Perry if that were my singular option, as Romney is today, to remove the buffoon we have today based upon qualifications to serve this nation as president.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Regardless of what others may think, type or believe, I am not voting for Romney for any reason other than qualifications. I would support Newt, Paul, Cain and even Santorum or Perry if that were my singular option, as Romney is today, to remove the buffoon we have today based upon qualifications to serve this nation as president.
as I would.

Anybody ELSE who had the chance to win.

At this point Mickey Mouse would do better.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Great post wsuwrhr, nicely put.

We bicker becuase we don't nutswing to every idea a GOP elite has. We are actually capable of critical thinking and problem solving. We all have different ideals of what should be done and what the priority on issues are. We don't defend to the death every idea a GOP elite has or every action that an GOP elite does like our liberal counterparts do.

I agree.
I'm even reconsidering my recent thoughts of the lesser of the two evils because I can appreciate every view point on the right although I don't always agree with them all. I realize half of the population will never agree 100% on everything just because of human nature.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aren't we concerned more about less additional damage than doing better?
Until there is a VIABLE option to do better, Yes, absolutely.

There isn't any other candidate on the ballot THIS TIME more QUALIFIED to be the president than Romney.

If he can't do if he gets into office, then the next ballot I may put my name on it.

Brian

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
wsuwrhr, I could'nt agree more. I am so disappointed wth Ron Paul for not endorsing Romney. Had he stood up with all others that want Hussein out, maybe Johnson would have withdrawn from the ballots. Mr. Paul did not get his way, and now may cost us 8-10% votes lost.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
wsuwrhr, I could'nt agree more. I am so disappointed wth Ron Paul for not endorsing Romney. Had he stood up with all others that want Hussein out, maybe Johnson would have withdrawn from the ballots. Mr. Paul did not get his way, and now may cost us 8-10% votes lost.
This is exactly my point on another post as to why a three or more party system cannot work.

·
Registered
505 Posts

:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,966 Posts

Plenty of people "here" who support themselves, either through their own business, or otherwise gainfully employed in the private "performance" driven sector, and are not otherwise on the public dole one way or another, are infighting for no reason other than on principle. We have a two party system, love it or hate it, for the time being, it is what it is.

Thats great, and it is a great ideal, AND I AGREE, just because I wish it were true, it isn't fucking REALITY.

What do you guys think?

Brian
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Mandella Rules!
139 Posts
Twists and turns!

I haven't had this much fun since Nov. 2008!
You guys stand for NOTHING!!!
Your only motivation - HATE!
Mickey Mouse, indeed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts