Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NRA: A Defenseless Population

This is a link to an NRA video. Ignore the first 40 seconds or so (if you wish... it is telling you to sign up... which you should)... but watch the video. This was London last year during the riots? 11 or 12

You should think about the following things:
1) Could it happen here? Handgun bans or riots?
2) If it happens, am I prepared? Do I have any means to defend myself, my family, and my property. Note where it says citizens only had rolling pins and baseball bats to defend themselves.
3) Note the part where the police are told to "stand down". If you are relying on the police what will you do if they are told to stand down. Remember Katrina, LA riots, etc?
4) Listen to the citizens that were a) complacent.. they did not think it would pass, b) angry and wish they had their guns back, and c) believe IF they had guns the destruction would not be so widespread and costly.
5) Note the part where the criminals are the victims? Sound familiar. It's not their fault. It is society's fault.

Pass this on.
Just spend 5 minutes watching it, then 10 minutes thinking.
Would you be a victim?
Who will protect YOU and YOUR FAMILY?
Wags

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Lest people forget..... who passed the anti gun laws there? ....... politicians .... which American political party is pro gun and which is anti gun ownership?

Makes me appreciate even more where I live :))THumbsUp

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
NRA: A Defenseless Population

This is a link to an NRA video. Ignore the first 40 seconds or so (if you wish... it is telling you to sign up... which you should)... but watch the video. This was London last year during the riots? 11 or 12

You should think about the following things:
1) Could it happen here? Handgun bans or riots?
2) If it happens, am I prepared? Do I have any means to defend myself, my family, and my property. Note where it says citizens only had rolling pins and baseball bats to defend themselves.
3) Note the part where the police are told to "stand down". If you are relying on the police what will you do if they are told to stand down. Remember Katrina, LA riots, etc?
4) Listen to the citizens that were a) complacent.. they did not think it would pass, b) angry and wish they had their guns back, and c) believe IF they had guns the destruction would not be so widespread and costly.
5) Note the part where the criminals are the victims? Sound familiar. It's not their fault. It is society's fault.

Pass this on.
Just spend 5 minutes watching it, then 10 minutes thinking.
Would you be a victim?
Who will protect YOU and YOUR FAMILY?
Wags

Wags, please call first before you come over for a surprise visit at midnight... :stir: I don't fight fair and I would hate for something bad to happen... :|err

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I'm happy to live in a very 2nd amendment state! I think states rights would come into play here. They've passed a law similar to Montana's law. That God for Browning Firearms!!!

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I live in a second amendment country and intend to keep it that way. Even the troll will crawl out from under his bridge to support the right to keep and bear arms.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I live in the People's Republic of Illinois. NO conceal and carry, NO class 3, NO NFA, NO supressor, NO et, al.
I had an MP5, an M16 and a Mac11 when I lived in Mo. I hated to sell them. But I found a sweet piece of property in the Peoples Republic.
I sometimes regret the sale. I never regret the property, though.
Oh, I always think the politicians blow here, though.
Wags

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mildly amusing side note. When I lived in MO, I lived with a chic from Germany... hence no weapons. She loved to shoot stuff. We went our ways and she moved to London. She was in London during the riots. She told me about a group of pukes that went to steal her neighbors car. She grabbed him, they ran out there and faced the dudes. They left for easier pickins.
But there you go... it can happen.
Wags

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
I don't have any guns. I sold them to some guy named "Bill". :)

I do have an air rifle. Is that OK?

Anyone read the article in AFF about what a second term could bring? :shock:

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Hxnxrsxn? :p just kidding....
LOL! Bill "something" or ANOTHER! :hmmm:

I am thinking like the Japs were in WWII. "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II.

Good luck gun grabbers! ;)

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
I don't have any guns. I sold them to some guy named "Bill". :)

I do have an air rifle. Is that OK?

Anyone read the article in AFF about what a second term could bring? :shock:

All I can say is STOCK UP BABY!!!!!!!!!! :))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

I would rather have and not need, than need and not have...

Hey WAGs, you might like these since you were a M16 guy... I drove five hours into N.W. Iowa to get these uppers, late 60's vintage M16A1 uppers ( on your garden variety AR15 lower of course :( )... Light barrel contour, chrome chamber, they actually still shoot pretty good at 100 yards...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
But I have this uneasy feeling that our own government is using the UN to back door some form of treaty to repeal the 2 amendment. Hope I'm wrong but I don't trust my own government....

·
Registered
653 Posts
All I can say is STOCK UP BABY!!!!!!!!!! :))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

I would rather have and not need, than need and not have...

Hey WAGs, you might like these since you were a M16 guy... I drove five hours into N.W. Iowa to get these uppers, late 60's vintage M16A1 uppers ( on your garden variety AR15 lower of course :( )... Light barrel contour, chrome bore, they actually still shoot pretty good at 100 yards...

View attachment 182993

View attachment 182994
I,m sorry Don't ever post your collection online , Way to many eyes looking

we are living in perilous times, Trust know one

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
I,m sorry Don't ever post your collection online , Way to many eyes looking

we are living in perilous times, Trust know one
IF someone wants to try and take them they can come on already... :happy:

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Here's the bottom line. We, the citizens are authorized, by the constitution (bill of rights - second amendment) to keep and bear arms. Only an act of congress can alter that constitution and the UN, the president, the entire government can attempt to ignore such an authorization but there is only one policeman/military person to each 100+ citizens or worse percentages in many rural areas and many if not most of them will refuse orders to confiscate. I know, because I openly ask them when I encounter them. Their most familiar response is as follows: "We took an oath to uphold and sustain the constitution, not the president. We'll be on your side of the bullets."

It simply ain't gonna ever happen.

Now, the purchase and sale of firearms may be curtailed in different ways but we can still purchase today. Those who are prepared shall not fear. :D

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Here's the bottom line. We, the citizens are authorized, by the constitution (bill of rights - second amendment) to keep and bear arms. Only an act of congress can alter that constitution and the UN, the president, the entire government can attempt to ignore such an authorization but there is only one policeman/military person to each 100+ citizens or worse percentages in many rural areas and many if not most of them will refuse orders to confiscate. I know, because I openly ask them when I encounter them. Their most familiar response is as follows: "We took an oath to uphold and sustain the constitution, not the president. We'll be on your side of the bullets."

Now, the purchase and sale of firearms may be curtailed in different ways but we can still purchase today. Those who are prepared shall not fear. :D

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

Not to sure how much power the congress has on the first 10 amendments better know as the Bill of Rights. Even then, it still requires a vote of the people and 3/4 of the states must approve.

No amendment can be stricken form the constituion, it requires a NEW amendment over riding the amendment. EXAMP
LE, the 21st amendment was passed to override the 18th.

It would require the passing of a 28th amnedment to override the 2nd. Being a Article of the Bill of Rights, God help the POTUS, and congress that even manages to get it in a ballot, and THEN you'd see REAL division in the people.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
But I have this uneasy feeling that our own government is using the UN to back door some form of treaty to repeal the 2 amendment. Hope I'm wrong but I don't trust my own government....
Ain't going to happen but the NRA wants people like you to think it will so they keep getting donations.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts