Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we decide to leave allot later than we planned last night. Get the boat all cleaned up put everything away, put the cover on and start heading home (around 7:30) Anyway we get to the I 40 west bound check point I have the plug out and know the drill just waiting for the all clear sign and then he throws me a curve "Need to see your anchor" I say your kidding he says nope new rule so I have to take all the straps off the cover, take everything out of the back of the boat show him my clean anchor and then button everything back up while traffic is backing up. He says next time just put your anchor in your truck and you will be good to go.Hope this saves you guys some trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
Heard about this form a friend that just got back. I thought she was kidding at first. Then I thought somebody was just screwing with them. If you tell them you don't have one, are they gonna search your boat looking for one.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Answer of the day......shes in the passenger seat:D

I read about all of this stuff and I cant help but think to myself, how long before we start seeing this up here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, what the hell is this all about? Some kind of revenue generator?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I say we start an all out revolution, fock these people that are standing in the hot sun all day, (regardless of being paid) and listening to people complain about spending 10 valuable minutes of there all so important lives to prevent a major issue at another body of water, most spend more time waiting in line at the bar for a drink than they do waiting for an inspection,come on folks.....

But I realize there are a lot of people whos time is that valuable....

·
skiing Parker since 1960
605 Posts
They don't collect any revenue for the inspections, YET Hey the inspectors are doing what they are told to do, checking for mussels. Yeah it is a pain in the ass but what are you going to do.
fixed it for ya :|err It's only a matter of time. I COULD be wrong, BUT, I did hear something to the "inspection fees" being charged in Idaho for out of state boats ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I say we start an all out revolution, fock these people that are standing in the hot sun all day, (regardless of being paid) and listening to people complain about spending 10 valuable minutes of there all so important lives to prevent a major issue at another body of water, most spend more time waiting in line at the bar for a drink than they do waiting for an inspection,come on folks.....

But I realize there are a lot of people whos time is that valuable....

Wasn't that big a deal for me felt bad for the traffic behind me. Wish they would have let me pull off to the side. Next time I will have it in the truck to save everyone some time.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I pulled up a huge root system/tree (6' + long and 2' in diameter) over the 4th in Havasu with my anchor and windlass. Those damn mussels were absolutely covering the thing.

Whatever they have to do to stop the spread is good with me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.