Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a small business owner, I am anxious to get in line for my turn at the trough.

They gave a stimulus package that sent checks mainly to those who never paid into the system.

They injected money in the financial institutions, banks, investment houses and insurance business.

They have given money to the big three car builders.

They have plans to help the airlines and the trucking industries.

They plan to tax the crap out of the coal, oil and pharmaceutical industries.

They are coming after all working people to get more money from us to assist those less fortunate than us.

They are going to tax small business ($250K and above)

So we have to be next right???? Has to be a check for me? Or who will buy the cars and fly in the planes and pay for the electric and gas and medicine and ship our goods by truck? If they don't save me, who will use all the stuff they want to save now?

My point is, wouldn't it have been more effective to get the money to the working people of this country and let them spend money to buy cars, ship goods, borrow from banks, buy houses, use electricity, buy medicine and insurance??? Just thinking of course. :)coffee

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
They are coming after all working people to get more money from us to assist those less fortunate than us.
This annoys me to no end! WhyTF should I have to pay more to have my money redistributed to someone that has not taken the steps to better themselves? We all have the ability to go out and get a job. Government cheese is not guaranteed by the constitution!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
We just might get it, they are talking about another stimulas program I dont think this is the answer though, what needs to be done is alot less spending by our government and what they save can be passed on with lower taxes for us.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
My point is, wouldn't it have been more effective to get the money to the working people of this country and let them spend money to buy cars, ship goods, borrow from banks, buy houses, use electricity, buy medicine and insurance??? Just thinking of course. :)coffee
Give $2,000 to each citizen and they will spend $4,000 of it. :D

We'd be back square one, besides this really isn't a consumer stimulas issue.

·
Amatuer
241 Posts
Handing out money is not the solution. We all need to work a little hard/smarter/better. Eliminate waste and get things done.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Handing out money is not the solution. We all need to work a little hard/smarter/better. Eliminate waste and get things done.
Tell that to the lazy fucks who just voted in the guy who said you don't have to work hard anymore in the US, the government will give it to you.

Brian

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
No..

you evil 1%'ers are the cause of all societies ills and they are gonna tax you into oblivion until you can't move any longer...... how you like dem apples ;) ;) :)sphss

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've worked hard for the last forty years and in the last two lost half of everything I saved. I'd just like to know who really caused this.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
My fiance (who works with me) is going on an interview today with some other firm because times are so tough for my small family business of 4 soon to be 3 in a couple of hours. My business is down 50% because of the economy and all the other bull shit. I need a stimulus just like big warlock and all these other small business owners on pb.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My fiance (who works with me) is going on an interview today with some other firm because times are so tough for my small family business of 4 soon to be 3 in a couple of hours. My business is down 50% because of the economy and all the other bull shit. I need a stimulus just like big warlock and all these other small business owners on pb.
My business is down just below 50 %. And I don't see where alot of work is going to come from? Busy with bidding but no money seems to be freeing up. Have had some help finding projects from boating friends to whom I am grateful. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.