Performance Boats Forum banner

Animal Planet / Whale Wars

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  HammerDown 
#1 ·
Thanks to my new Plasma tv and it's QAM tuner I've been enjoying several HD channels I've never had prior.
Anyway, I just start watching this show Whale Wars > is there any reason the Japanese Whaling Boat simply doesn't open fire on the Anti-Whaling ship vs, hosing them down with water cannons?
Also, what's up with that stealthy looking black boat > any info on it > kinda cool looking!:)devil

EDIT...Woooooh > the huge Jap Whaling Ship just plowed into and ripped the bow off the stealthy black anti-whaling boat!

#2 · (Edited)
Maritime law states that they can't harpoon them, wish they could, it would make it more interesting, besides the way they operate it's like "Laural and Hardy go to sea". The stealthy looking boat was one that was built to run on bio-diesel for a trip arround the world for some record, one of the Jap ships, Ahm, "accendently" ran it over and sank it. I think somewhere I saw that it cost over a million dollars to build it.

#4 ·
I'm with you..............I watched that series earlier this year, got real annoyed with the whale "huggers". Just a bunch of liberals out in the sea dragging cable laced ropes in front of the ships to try and take out the props:|err. I did like how one of the more "aggressive" Jap boats started tailing the Hippies for a week or 2:)grn

#5 ·
I Watched 2 Episodes Of That Show On This Morning. I Was Wondering Where They Get All Their Funding. Bunch Of Liberals. I Dont See How Whale Hunting Is Really that Different Than Deep Sea Fishing. Bob Barker Donated 5 Million For One Of Their Boats! Crazy!

#11 ·
guess I'll go against the grain on this one.......

that harpoon ship turned directly for the adi-gill boat........ you can see it in the video
of the ship outward as it turns into the small boat.... I think the japs intended on "bumping" the bow of it........... doubt they had intended on ramming it..........

so why is all this going on? does anyone here really think japan is doing research on
these whales? if you do, you're fricken stupid........ it's for delicacy foods.......

so since whaling has been going on for ever, is it ok? doing it for food yes. not
under the guise of research... that's bullshit. most of the asian countries will continue
to hunt whatever species until it is completely decimated....... they just don't care.

kill every whale.............. all of them......................... then what? debate.

I root for the little guys..........

--Sherpa

#14 ·
Guess I'm just a softy, and Whale's are mammals NOT fish.
Also, I couldn't route for the team that clubs baby seals or the corralling/slaughter/blood bath of Dolphins > something Japan also does...FU*K Japan! :|err
I'd like to see the Under Dogs bore a hole in the whaling ships and sink'em :)devil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.