Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
hil:)hil:)hil:)

Oh, Craigslist!!!!

Always a guaranteed laugh on there!!!!:D

Does the pivoting chrome jack that he probably got from hazardous freight add 20 mph to the boats top speed?:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
The only way that thing ran anywhere near a 100 is on the trailer towed downhill on a suicide mission.
455 olds+ 450 HP + sells for $10K + 100 MPH = BS
Lies:)Lies:)

·
Eye of the beer holder!!!
42 Posts
Well I feel like I got ripped off. I have a Hallet Vector with 540hp and a bravo one, and I am only at like 80mph..... and I don't even know if that is accurate cuz my gps isn't hooked up yet.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
I've looked at this thing like a dozen times since you posted it up, and every time I think I laugh even harder!!!:D How can someone post a speed and horsepower # for a boat that isn't even put together, and doesn't have the motor, and is flipped over off the trailer!!!hil:)

That is like me saying that my boat is an 80 mph boat!! Even though it hasn't been in the water for 3-4 years and not with this engine or pump setup or anything!!!hil:)

People on Craigslist are cheap bastards anyway. I mean go to eBay and look at a boat ad that you have to pay for. There are usually lots of nice pictures and closeups, and you have to pay for those additional pictures and the ad itself. But Craigslist is free, but you rarely see pictures, and the pictures that are there usually suck!!!:|err

Oh, this is just hilarious!!!!!hil:)hil:)hil:) Thanks again for the good laughs!!!:D

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
You gotta cut the guy a little slack. Maybe it was a 100 mph boat at one time. Certainly not with a 455 that it "needs". It doesn't come with a motor, but had one in it. But, he is completely off his rocker if he thinks he's going to get $10,000 for a hull.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
I thought craigslist was the "99mph and below" boats and the "100's" were restricted to e-bay.

·
Just Me
4,052 Posts
I've read this ad several times and if i lived closer would certainly go look at it. He might have over sold what it was before, like a $10,000 hull but he said it was a 100 MPH +/- (which means give or take) ok we know with the engine he quoted you'd be on the - side of 100) (with a good engine the hull could easily be on the + side of 100 if set up correctly) As I read his ad several times he was asking less than $1000 for what he had. If he has the jet, mounting plates and hardware, seats, steering system and some other stuff thrown in with the hull how could it not be worth that? Hell I wish I lived close enough to buy it just for the trailer if nothing else.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts