Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It didn't say the end result, I hope it came out better than some of the more recent events.

We were in Steamboat yesterday, and I watched the kids (20-30 year age range) like a hawk. My daughter doesn't even like for me to "check the prop" if the water is over my head. The kids (and my wife) sometimes think I'm overbearing because I yell at them if they jump in near the drive, even though it is all the way down at anchor.....

http://www.havasuvideonews.com/

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,352 Posts
The kids (and my wife) sometimes think I'm overbearing because I yell at them if they jump in near the drive, even though it is all the way down at anchor.....
I knew a guy that jumped in too close to the prop while they were parked. The (stationary) prop was sharp enough to cut his penis 3/4 of the way off- he ended up having it sewn back on.

Not sure if it works today.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That story will probably keep them away from it...

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Hopefully this person recovers.

Is it me, but it sure seems like the accident rate is way up this years from Davis to Parker? Not a good thing at all
Could not open the window to slow of a connection here at the river, what happened to the guy?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had a minor incident on my boat about a couple weeks ago. My buddy and his daughter was with us and his daughter cut her foot on my prop between her toes, she had to get 6 stiches. I felt really bad,as I should have done a better job in warning her about the prop and drive.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Could not open the window to slow of a connection here at the river, what happened to the guy?
Guy jumped in the water from the boat and didn't surfaced. He was eventually pulled from the water and rushed to the hospital. Condition unknown.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Guy jumped in the water from the boat and didn't surfaced. He was eventually pulled from the water and rushed to the hospital. Condition unknown.
He was hardly "rushed" to the hospital. They worked on him for over half an hour at the ramp. Not breathing on his own.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Greg,

I missed your question. I haven't read any updates.
Not a problem John, I posted on the cottonwood post also, what is going on with so many people getting hurt and killed this year...it looks like this might end being a real bad year for accidents and incidents. I hope we have no more serious issues for the rest of the year...I know wishful thinking...

·
Huntington Beach Havasu
2,092 Posts
I went through the channel around 5pm and was amazed by how many people were falling down drunk! Scary when you see people this drunk playing around water. Not Good!

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
I went through the channel around 5pm and was amazed by how many people were falling down drunk! Scary when you see people this drunk playing around water. Not Good!
Wouldn't surprise me if alcohol was involved with this incident as well. It's frightening how quickly reason disappears when you drink... As an owner/operator I could not allow myself to drink.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Anyone know what the story was on the sunken Carrera in Steamboat Sunday afternoon? Also, why the fire boat came into Steamboat around 4 PM Sunday afternoon and was looking for something next to a raft up (red Sea Doo boat on the end, close to the shoreline)?

G

·
Not a problem John, I posted on the cottonwood post also, what is going on with so many people getting hurt and killed this year...it looks like this might end being a real bad year for accidents and incidents. I hope we have no more serious issues for the rest of the year...I know wishful thinking...
Maybe now that Labor Day is behind us, things will lighten up. I sure as heck hope so.

·
About 500' AGL
2,471 Posts
Did anybody notice in the Safety Commercial from the Lake Havasu Marine Association at the beginning of the video...the guys says, "When coming head on with another vessel make sure you stay to the right," as he is passing on the left. :)sphss

1 - 20 of 24 Posts