Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Courtesy Chevrolet in Thousand Oaks gave the word to all employees yesterday that they are locking the doors Friday. GM is taking back all the cars today and tomorrow.

Courtesy has been in business with the same owner since 1967. Few friends have been there for 20+ yrs and are now unemployed.

Im sure there will be more to come.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
My dad's Chrysler dealership shuttered it's doors last Friday.

Brian

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i honestly don't know how we still have our doors open here(tricountyautoplex.com). gm isn't helping any of us with chit:mad: you'd think if gm owns gmac they'd bring back the 0% sale so we could move some units and have some future work to look forward too:)bulb i've already made arrangements with my fleet accounts to work from home if the dealership goes belly up. not looking forward to working outta my own home shop, but i'll make more $$$$$$ and only have a 50ft walk to work in the mornins:D

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Not that I wish any ill will to their employees, but honestly had to be one of the worst run auto dealerships in Ventura County for decades. Never made any improvements in their facilities and services and just did enough to get by. They are sitting on a lot/property that is worth a small fortune, who can afford it these days.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
No other place to hang your posters, huh? lol :D
sux it kenny:p, my shop has playboy centerfold posters hangin everywhere and i'm sure the driver's of the fleet trucks won't mind at all, nor the fridge full of cold beer:D

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have bought a couple of autos there.....that's a shame. T.O. is going to be losing some big sales tax money. Gotta start hurting these cities soon.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
sux it kenny:p, my shop has playboy centerfold posters hangin everywhere and i'm sure the driver's of the fleet trucks won't mind at all, nor the fridge full of cold beer:D
LOL :D Playboy, finally traded them other ones out? Good for you. :p :D Hear ya on the beer fridge, pretty much a standard accessory to any worthy shop.

On a more serious note, good to hear you got some stuff lined up for later.. :)bulb ;)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
LOL :D Playboy, finally traded them other ones out? Good for you. :p :D Hear ya on the beer fridge, pretty much a standard accessory to any worthy shop.

On a more serious note, good to hear you got some stuff lined up for later.. :)bulb ;)
yep, my wham and micheal jackson posters got to much overspray on em, started looking dingy:D
when you've been working on a commission based income for a dozen or so yrs., you learn to prepare for the shit times, hated selling the gullwing though:)sphss

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Impatient1, well if i had a chevy i'd drive to okla. to get it fixed by you. YOu seem to know your shyt, unlike the experience i've had with chevy dealers out here!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Impatient1, well if i had a chevy i'd drive to okla. to get it fixed by you. YOu seem to know your shyt, unlike the experience i've had with chevy dealers out here!
thanx! i just try to fix it right the 1st time, with the part it needs and it seems to bring em back to me;) i like helping folks out on this site, but its hard to do from so far away and not being able to lay hands on it,drive it.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Sure hate reading about people losing their jobs.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not that I wish any ill will to their employees, but honestly had to be one of the worst run auto dealerships in Ventura County for decades. Never made any improvements in their facilities and services and just did enough to get by. They are sitting on a lot/property that is worth a small fortune, who can afford it these days.
VERY TRUE. I have bought my last 6 trucks from them only because my close friend is (or was) the finance manager and gave me great deals.

They would never deal and lose sales all the time to Rydell and other Chevy dealers.

Unfortunately, the employees hands were tied due to the poor management by the owners.

Gotta love the green couches in the showroom!! Those have been there since I was a kid in the early 70's when my parents were buying cars.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
VERY TRUE. I have bought my last 6 trucks from them only because my close friend is (or was) the finance manager and gave me great deals.

They would never deal and lose sales all the time to Rydell and other Chevy dealers.

Unfortunately, the employees hands were tied due to the poor management by the owners.

Gotta love the green couches in the showroom!! Those have been there since I was a kid in the early 70's when my parents were buying cars.

Agreed.
We'd walk in and the customer and a deal was last on their minds.
Every employee was pre-occupied and they'd flip you to a kid they just hired that hour.

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
Courtesy Chevrolet in Thousand Oaks gave the word to all employees yesterday that they are locking the doors Friday. GM is taking back all the cars today and tomorrow.

Courtesy has been in business with the same owner since 1967. Few friends have been there for 20+ yrs and are now unemployed.

Im sure there will be more to come.
There will be many more to come.

It is sad, but there are way too many dealerships still around today. Times are different than 20+ years ago when they opened, and there's so much more competition they can't do the volume they need to to survive. The compete with each other and the competition. For the big 3 to survive many more dealers need to still close.:mad:

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
i honestly don't know how we still have our doors open here(tricountyautoplex.com). gm isn't helping any of us with chit:mad: you'd think if gm owns gmac they'd bring back the 0% sale so we could move some units and have some future work to look forward too:)bulb i've already made arrangements with my fleet accounts to work from home if the dealership goes belly up. not looking forward to working outta my own home shop, but i'll make more $$$$$$ and only have a 50ft walk to work in the mornins:D
Cerberus has the majority ownership in GMAC.

However, there is 0% deals out there right now for the month's "President day sales". GM wants to sell cars every bit as much as individual dealerships.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts