Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

didn't want to highjack WindWalkers thread. I pulled the carpet out of the TX-19. Tried some adhesive remover I got at Ace. It takes the glue right off but you can't leave it on too long cause it will attack the resin. I just use a bondo spreader to scrape off the glue, then wipe it down with lacquer thinner. Will post more when I finish.

·
Registered
541 Posts
sorry to thread jack from u river but i got a question for u, my boat has a sub floor similar to urs and the guy that put it in drilled on hole about a inch in the back of it, but ive read alot of places sub floors are bad because they rot, do u think that hole is big enough or should i just cut the sub floor out

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
sorry to thread jack from u river but i got a question for u, my boat has a sub floor similar to urs and the guy that put it in drilled on hole about a inch in the back of it, but ive read alot of places sub floors are bad because they rot, do u think that hole is big enough or should i just cut the sub floor out
I just pulled the floor out of my 19 and weighed it.

33.5 lbs. I'm not going to put it back in. It doesn't sound like that much, but when you lift it's pretty darned heavy. 3/4" plywood resin coated (mostly) and carpeted.

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would put a brass sleeve in the hole, then a plug. Thats what I'm gonna do it I keep the sub floor. Haven't decided yet. If I cut out the sub floor where am I gonna put the ICE CHEST?

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
If I cut out the sub floor where am I gonna put the ICE CHEST?
The "V" in the bottom cradles the precious ice chest very nicely. Actually less prone to tippage and slipage. Keeping it well stocked (weight) helps as well.

33.5 lbs! Couldn't believe how heavy that stinkin piece of plywood was. Why..........that's about the weight of a 40 qt ice chest stocked with river pops and ice..

·
Registered
541 Posts
I would put a brass sleeve in the hole, then a plug. Thats what I'm gonna do it I keep the sub floor. Haven't decided yet. If I cut out the sub floor where am I gonna put the ICE CHEST?
two more reason why i dont like the sub floor is becaus one i never know how much water is in the boat so im always just guessing on bilge on or off and two i cant see whats in the water, such as gas or oil if i were to spill a leak i would want to know about it FAST! not after pulling up to shore after a run

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Cut out the subfloor & made a new front bulkhead. Subfloor weighed 58 lbs.

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Painted the inside with epoxy. Got my pump back from MPD, it's in. Rail kit is done

. Ready for motor & staighten out the wireing

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
It looks nice. I hope the epoxy holds up better than it did on mine. I did my Kachina with it the first time and it didn't bond for s**t. It started peeling up and it would scratch real easy.

Maybe I didn't prep well enough or something.

Anyway I ended up re-doing it with gelcoat after that. All the epoxy had to be sanded off because apparently epoxy and gelcoat don't play well together.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts