Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy from work was out yesterday, saw a boat go up in flames around echo beach. He thinks it was a 21 footer. He told me it was a jet, and by the time he got there there was nothing left. Hope eveyone was ok and got to shore.

Anyone else hear anything??

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
And it was a borrowed boat...:)st

GT :)hand

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, it was mine! My brother and I had both my boats out there for a graduation party. He was driving my 21 foot Bisemeyer.

Went down right in the middle of the channel entrance off the main lake.

Ray

·
Registered
335 Posts
Noone was hurt, 'cept maybe some pride. My brother feels horrible about it, but honestly wasn't his fault. Everyone got off and onto another boat. I guess he had some time to try and locate where the smoke was coming from, but didn't know that the fire extinguisher was mounted on the gunnel beside the engine cover.

Don't think that woulda saved it anyway, honestly. I guess someone threw him an extinguisher that went promptly in the lake, lol.

Ray

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Your taking it purdey good. Glad none was hurt. Boats are replaceable lives are not.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Your taking it purdey good. Glad none was hurt. Boats are replaceable lives are not.
VERY true!

Well it is what it is. Coulda been much worse! Only had that one a couple of months, and not a lot invested in it really. Still stings a little. Someone video taped most of it and is mailing me a dvd.

Ray

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Damn wtf this year is starting off like shit. I think ill stick to the river this season. Sorry to hear that always sucks to loose something like this. I am just glad that no one has gotten hurt in any of the mis haps this season.

·
Registered
335 Posts
How many boats have gone down out there? I know a guy who had his go down earlier last month on it's maiden voyage. That one was recovered. The marina guy on the recovery barge said mine was the third one THAT DAY?

Ray

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
I've seen a boat fires there and 1 fire extinguisher aint gunna do squat. I have 3 in the Liberator 1 in the Kachina. Don't know if 3 would help.

·
Registered
335 Posts
-note to self, buy a case of fire extinguishers........-:)bulb

Don't want to lose this one..

Ray

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sorry-2-hear that .... .... Was it Insured ?

·
Registered
335 Posts
No, liability only on it. One of the Deputies told my brother to call his homeowners insurance though, because he borrowed the boat, could well be covered that way.

Ray

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Man I can't remember what year it was but there was a red outboard that was on fire. Raging in seconds. Jet boat cruiser put it out with the stream of water from the jet. Swamped the OB instantly. Serif deputies. Gas fires are hard to put out. told him if had sunk it, he would have been responsible.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm not so concerned about the money back. Like I said I had less than 4k (3k to buy this "turnkey cruiser", plus what I and some VERY knowledgeable people put into it). If it stays in the locker, so be it. I'm worried about getting a bill to resurrect it then trash it 6 months from now. If that's the case, I'll take what came come up back, or I know some divers who can raise the thing for me! (Had an SRP employee tell me today that sometimes happens).

Yes, Thankful noone was hurt, even more thankful this didn't happen last week when the boat was on loan to friends in Vegas who ran the thing at Mead for nearly two weeks, in between wrenching on it! (One of them 5 months pregnant, I found out today)

Anyone know anything about this?

Ray

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, the thought crossed my mind about Roosting the fire out. 2 problems. #1, the only two jet boats I saw all day were both mine. #2, the Moo boat doesn't have a diverter (Will be here Monday). So the only Diverter I know of at the time was on the one on fire, lol

Ray

1 - 20 of 31 Posts