Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding another spot on my manifold that's drilled and tapped so I can have boost referenced carbs and a boost guage.

What are your thoughts for the spot I've marked below with a black Sharpie pen?

Sure dont want to add a spot and have it in a bad spot....thanks for the help..john

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I'm thinking about adding another spot on my manifold that's drilled and tapped so I can have boost referenced carbs and a boost guage.

What are your thoughts for the spot I've marked below with a black Sharpie pen?

Sure dont want to add a spot and have it in a bad spot....thanks for the help..john

I personally would stay away from a single runner and go to a equal plenum area. In a runner you could get pressure flutter as the valve train works. Somewhere around the pop-off shown in the picture would be my choice. The reason is it's not singled out to a runner and equal is in the plenum only. Pressure fed is only in the plenum and whats behind door #1-8 changes pressure. I think that would explain the flutter theory. M

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. It's much tighter than it looks there and really no room to go just to the side of the existing port. The popoff is a great idea but there no room there either.

Guess I'll just settle on a T like Cruzer suggested. Thanks again......john

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
To the right of the pop off in the face of the manifold behind the dizzy.

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts