Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my boat hops a little til i give it alot of gas to take set.well i had another person in the boat today and it did not hop as much.my question is that my motor is set at 32" would it help me if i move the motor to 34".moveing the motor forward would be like haveing the extra weight right? or am i wrong.

fast76rogers

·
Purple headed member
7,170 Posts
ok my boat hops a little til i give it alot of gas to take set.well i had another person in the boat today and it did not hop as much.my question is that my motor is set at 32" would it help me if i move the motor to 34".moveing the motor forward would be like haveing the extra weight right? or am i wrong.

fast76rogers
Move it and see what it does. If it doesn't help or makes it worse then you can always move it back. My guess is that it would help.....:)devil

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have been told by the original owner they had the motor at 34.but they ran a blown inj. 392 hemi.i think the chevy motor is lighter. i dont have a fixed length drive shaft so it will be easy to move.i guess i will move it and see.
fast76rogers

·
Purple headed member
7,170 Posts
i have been told by the original owner they had the motor at 34.but they ran a blown inj. 392 hemi.i think the chevy motor is lighter. i dont have a fixed length drive shaft so it will be easy to move.i guess i will move it and see.
fast76rogers
The easiest way is to just remove the motor feet bolts from the rails, spray some w-d 40 on them and then slide it forward. It's easier also if the trailer doesn't have anything under the front of it like a wheel jack or a block of wood. Just block the tires and put it where you want it.

·
Old Timer
935 Posts

fast76rogers
Do the cheapest easiest thing first. Move the prop shaft back 1/2". 5 Nickels ought to do it. If that doesn't do it, try 3/4" back.

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,003 Posts
what is the perpose of useing nickels?do you leave them in there or are they just used to get the spaceing?
Leave them in, and only make small adjustments at a time. Never go more than 3/4" between strut & prop. It can cause the shaft to flex - break - crash. In that order.

·
Purple headed member
7,170 Posts
Do the cheapest easiest thing first. Move the prop shaft back 1/2". 5 Nickels ought to do it. If that doesn't do it, try 3/4" back.
By my tally that would cost him .25 cents while moving the motor would cost him nill...:D

·
Old Timer
935 Posts
By my tally that would cost him .25 cents while moving the motor would cost him nill...:D

Why would it cost him? He just saving them in a special place. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.