Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No wonder it takes our military ten years to fight third world sheepherders and heroin farmers to a draw.......

You can't make this shit up!!!!

By Alyssa Newcomb
@alyssanewcomb
Follow on Twitter

May 11, 2012 1:02pm

The Pentagon was inundated with so many studies in 2010 that it commissioned a study to determine how much it cost to produce all those studies.
Now the Government Accountability Office has reviewed the Pentagon’s study and concluded in a report this week that it’s a flop.
The study of a study of studies began in 2010 when Defense Secretary Robert Gates complained that his department was “awash in taskings for reports and studies.” He wanted to know how much they cost.
Two years later, the Pentagon review is still continuing, which prompted Congress to ask the GAO to look over the Pentagon’s shoulder. What they found lacked military precision.
The GAO found only nine studies that had been scrutinized by the Pentagon review, but the military was unable to “readily retrieve documentation” for six of the reports.
The Department of Defense’s “approach is not fully consistent with relevant cost estimating best practices and cost accounting standards,” the GAO concluded. In fact, they often did not include items like manpower, the report found.
The Pentagon “partially concurs” with the GAO’s report.
The cost of the study of the study of the studies was not available from the GAO.

U.S. GAO - Defense Management: Actions Needed to Evaluate the Impact of Efforts to Estimate Costs of Reports and Studies

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
This kind of waste is true of basically ALL Gov. branches.
That's what we have been telling you all along, Z.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This kind of waste is true of basically ALL Gov. branches.
That's what we have been telling you all along, Z.

You are not telling me anything I don't know ...I was in government service.

An austerity program is long overdue...trouble is the politicians cannot agree to actually DO anything significant to reduce BS spending.

They just keep the money ball rolling by increasing debt and printing money

Only Ron Paul or Gary Johnson will actually seriously try to do something. Romney & Obama = status quo. Just millions going into different off shore bank accounts is the only difference.....

So of course the people making money from the taxpayers will not support them.....

It is a Catch 22 from hell for this nation.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Guys, Z is just perpetuating his hate for the DOD. He could have as easily picked on the EPA, DEQ, IRS, etc.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Bingo....

Guys, Z is just perpetuating his hate for the DOD. He could have as easily picked on the EPA, DEQ, IRS, etc.
Bingo, not only does the EPA waste billions on "studies", it cost us billions more in bullshit, "green whacko" environut's regulations.... If America is to recover before we become another 3rd world shithole, the EPA has to go...... AND, once again I'll call for members of both Houses to be sworn in before they say a single word on the House or Senate floor..... Those bastards, primarily the dims, wouldn't get anywhere if they had to tell the truth about what they're trying to do to America.....Yeah, yeah, sure the GOP isn't exactly totally honest either, but the dims, having nothing legitimate, lie 90% of the time.... Don't believe me? Watch/listen to CSPAN for a week or so....
Ray

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
That is right Ray! And you know where all the lefty liberal greenie organizations get most of their funding?

SUING THE EPA!!! :angry: In other words tax dollars paid by US! :)sphss

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since I have Forkin on ignore I do not get to enjoy his silly posts unless they are quotes as above......I mentioned the military because the GAO study was about the Pentagon's study of studies......I know share croppers don't know much, but the Pentagon is the military.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Since I have Forkin on ignore I do not get to enjoy his silly posts unless they are quotes as above......I mentioned the military because the GAO study was about the Pentagon's study of studies......I know share croppers don't know much, but the Pentagon is the military.
What was your Google topic?

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Could it be possible that Zombie checks the GAO website as an interested citizen?
Of course it's possible.
But Z works with an agenda, so even if checking the GAO site (?), he MAY have chose just that one due to it being DOD related?

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
That is right Ray! And you know where all the lefty liberal greenie organizations get most of their funding?

SUING THE EPA!!! :angry: In other words tax dollars paid by US! :)sphss

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Of course it's possible.
But Z works with an agenda, so even if checking the GAO site (?), he MAY have chose just that one due to it being DOD related?

I saw Alyssa Newcomb's story first on Huffpo then went to the GAO website to see if it was true. I copied and pasted her story and the GAO report to post here.... all perfectly above board :)devil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts