Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was informed by a good friend and ex-soldier the other day.He has an agent orange claim,and has for quite some time.Every time he calls VA nobody can tell him anything.So he went to the main office of Veteran Affairs for answers.Playing it cool he told the fellow that waited on him "I need to check on the progress of my agent orange claim". Gave his name birth date and social # along with his va card.The guy put it in his computer,and tells him "sir I am sorry but you don't have a AO claim". He insists to the fellow he does,so the fellow calls the next floor as they should know more.No this man does not have a claim,so he played his hold card.Gives the fellow the claim # sure enough here it is,the fellow calls upstairs again with this new info.After somewhat of a secretive conversation he says I'll be back.Comes back in about 10min with the file,tells my buddy it has been put on hold but can't tell him why as they have no idea.So my buddy is pissed now,so he goes to his Representatives office and speaks with him,after a day or two his rep calls him and says,he don't know why it would be on hold as congress appropriated 4 billion to pay these claims.So ole buddy does some more digging and found that VA only received 1.2 billion the other 1.8 went into WELFARE.He is now trying to find someone with enough balls to find out how and who had the 1.8 billion of VA money deposited into welfare.I hope he can get this out soon as this will bury this administration for good.So if any of you guys or your family or friends have a AO claim and can't get any answers why they haven't received any money or info about there AO claim this is why.:thumb:

·
A-HOLE HICK
829 Posts
This is a very bad situation and plain robbery, Also we have a simple math problem here 1.2 plus 1.8 I see 1B not accounted for here.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
This Kenyan fraud would cut all military pay and divert it to welfare if he could. But the sheep still love him . . . :)grn:)grn:)grn

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Might be time to contact a news agency who is good at find the way government BS.

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts
Not doubting that it's possible, but where was the money allocated from and taken from? The VA normally gets one appropriation for the year's expenses and then the VA distributes their money within their own organization. Was this money that was earmarked in the Agent Orange bill? Money requested by the VA in their general budget request? Or some special funding of some kind?

Since the VA is run predominantly by Vets, I can't see them letting something like this slide without screaming bloody murder.

They say the key to getting a claim processed is to have one of the major service organizations such as the VFW or American Legion start tracking your disability claim to help you. If you do it as an individual, you get pushed to the bottom of the pile and the cases with the SOs tracking them get first priority (squeaky wheel gets the oil).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts