Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The "declining snow pack" a staple of global warming (oops) climate change alarm-ism has once again shown to be a normal cyclical trend.

The snowpack is off the chart - It has now surpassed historical levels- and the trend is up!

Remember that CARB, and the EPA leaned on "evidence" as a core reason to begin regulation of everything down to our leafblowers.

EPA’s Endagerment rule [p. 66532], which obligated the agency to establish greenhouse gas (GHG) emission standards for new motor vehicles - Cites shrinking ice pack as does. CARB’s "Initial Statement of Reasons" [pp. 12, 17] for regulating GHG motor vehicle emissions.

With the snowpack now at 209%+ our new worry is flash flooding.
Lets hope it melts slowly and controllably.

Powell is predicted to be 30 feet or less from full now. This is the predicted height AFTER bumping the dams release Meade to 13 million acre feet plus.
I'll will be interesting to see where Mead gets too, and how late in the year it will stop rising.

Next subject: "emergency water" provisions still in effect (ie. our governments stealing our money under the premise of false "emergencies").

Its turning out to be a great boating season! See you guys on the water!

UD

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I want to know why Gore, the EPA, CARB, EQMD, and Obama himself aren't raining on Iceland like a kid that ate all the cookies? How dare they allow their volcano to keep spewing huge amounts of greenhouse gases and ash into the air! WTF, check yourself Iceland!!!! It's hard enough to sell climate change as being man made without your volcano spewing more crap into the air in one day, than we can produce in a year. :|err :)st:)sphss

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
I want to know why Gore, the EPA, CARB, EQMD, and Obama himself aren't raining on Iceland like a kid that ate all the cookies? How dare they allow their volcano to keep spewing huge amounts of greenhouse gases and ash into the air! WTF, check yourself Iceland!!!! It's hard enough to sell climate change as being man made without your volcano spewing more crap into the air in one day, than we can produce in a year. :|err :)st:)sphss
CVX will be heading there shortly, he has a plan to get it all under control... Something on the order of a big ass shop vac with a catalytic converter on the hose... :D

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Usually someone says something about how I must be against any form of regulation on anything and starts talking about mass pollution and horrible environmental atrocities.

Im for emission control and regulation and pollution control- but its been taken to the extreme.

UD

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
CVX will be heading there shortly, he has a plan to get it all under control... Something on the order of a big ass shop vac with a catalytic converter on the hose... :D
Hey! I just had a great idea....

I agree that some regulations have been taken to extreme....But, you guys should realize that "Global warming" is akin to pumping more energy into a heat engine, and that means you are going to get hotter heat waves, but also colder freezes, more flooding worse blizzards....and stronger Hurricanes and Tornados...basically, more extremes....I'm not going to be living at sea level nor in storm alley or Hurricane areas.... so it probably won't affect me...but all the major cities are at sea level, so if it goes up, most of civilization will be F**K'd......But hopefully the same scientists that said cigerette smoking wasn't dangerous are getting enough money from the industrial corporations to offset any problems......We can always hope...until the water starts shutting down industries....

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
But, you guys should realize that "Global warming" is akin to pumping more energy into a heat engine
The sun does this everyday. It has also been more powerful than recent previous years.

Are you an engineer? Because your description of a heat engine and comparing it to earth is hilarious, if you are than that just makes engineers look bad. I can understand if you are, there are a few in every company.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Usually someone says something about how I must be against any form of regulation on anything and starts talking about mass pollution and horrible environmental atrocities.

Im for emission control and regulation and pollution control- but its been taken to the extreme.

UD
Oh well..... Uhhh hummmm..

It's really obvious you're totally against any form of regulation. How do you suggest we address the mass polution problem the world has due to our under regulated industries and vehicles then smart guy? Do you really want all the polar bears to have to stare blankly into a camera then swim from ice berge to ice berge while Saleen Deon sings some tear jerking song in the background??? You are horrible:D

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

I agree that some regulations have been taken to extreme....But, you guys should realize that "Global warming" is akin to pumping more energy into a heat engine, and that means you are going to get hotter heat waves, but also colder freezes,
Listen to this wack job. Can you please explain this Mr Physicist. Take you time, I am sure it is not easy to explain. But it is very rare that I am able to learn from a genius, and I am more than patient.

While your at it, explain how I, and my car, and boat, and home furnace, and anything else you care to blame, caused the global warming that brought the earth out of the last ice age.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Stop being totally rational. Its unpopular, and politically incorrect. And morons have a hard time processing rational thought.

Heres one for you. Mt Pinatubo in the Philippines in 1991, blew more chlorine, the nasty stuff in "Freon", directly into the upper atmoshere than ALL the freon or any other CFC ever produced. One volcano, one one day. And don't get me started on the ocean itself. The O zone hole was a joke. They ran it into the ground, changed an entire industry, cost the world, mainly the US trillions, made Dupont even bigger and stronger and richer, and accomplished nothing. If I didn;t know better, I would swear Dupont was behind the whole scheme. But it really was the nut jobs. Dupont only capitalized on it.
The libbys will tell you evironmental technology is good for the economy, and creates job growth. It does, all the money it ACTUALLY DOES CREATE goes straight into the pockets of the very companies and people they despise. Who do they think is going to reap the benefits of the technology. Some high school drop out in Detroit? Come to grops! Huge corps thrive off this stuff.

This global warming thing is just the new joke.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,115 Posts

I agree that some regulations have been taken to extreme....But, you guys should realize that "Global warming" is akin to pumping more energy into a heat engine, and that means you are going to get hotter heat waves, but also colder freezes, more flooding worse blizzards....and stronger Hurricanes and Tornados...basically, more extremes....I'm not going to be living at sea level nor in storm alley or Hurricane areas.... so it probably won't affect me...but all the major cities are at sea level, so if it goes up, most of civilization will be F**K'd......But hopefully the same scientists that said cigerette smoking wasn't dangerous are getting enough money from the industrial corporations to offset any problems......We can always hope...until the water starts shutting down industries....
Wow....now he is a climatoligist. I shall sit quietly at his feet and bask in the radiance of his whit and wisdom. I feel so lucky and blessed.:p Have you heard from the climate change guru himself? Maybe he will share his Nobel Piece:p Prize with you since you have completly and precisely nailed the cause of MMGW.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
058, like I said in my post, never blow off a chance to listen and learn from pure genius. He has some pretty interesting thoughts on the Mississippi river flood as well. This one man has all the worlds ills all figured out. Watch it. The last time we had genius like this spouting off he knew all the answers, the morons of the country elected the him President. Goes to show. Opposites do attract.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
058, like I said in my post, never blow off a chance to listen and learn from pure genius. He has some pretty interesting thoughts on the Mississippi river flood as well. This one man has all the worlds ills all figured out. Watch it. The last time we had genius like this spouting off he knew all the answers, the morons of the country elected the him President. Goes to show. Opposites do attract.
As I said....I sit quietly at his feet in rapt astonishment at such genius.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
:D

That's 2 in one yr. :D
On the bright side, all that extra water can be pumped into the desert. Then AZ can be the new FL, swamp for everybody. :D

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
Why not do the right thing just for the sake of doing the right thing? There are lots of arguments on both sides, none that will be settled anytime soon. So why not work on cleaner burning alternatives, lower emissions, a general reduction of natural resources just because it's the right thing to do?

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Why not do the right thing just for the sake of doing the right thing? There are lots of arguments on both sides, none that will be settled anytime soon. So why not work on cleaner burning alternatives, lower emissions, a general reduction of natural resources just because it's the right thing to do?
I agree we should have a coalition of people who want energy, and people who want cleaner air. But NOT restrictions of CO2, that is a fool's errand.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very fair question. Where do you stop spending money on emissions?

To stay on thread topic- Is the right thing declaring "water emergencies" then continuing to stick it to the populace when the "emergency" is over?

In terms of emissions...

The standard for passenger cars/light-duty trucks in 2009 was 323 grams per mile and is reduced to 205 grams per mile by the 2016 model year.

Why not spend billions even trillions more and go for 100 grams per mile? Its the right thing right? Why hold back - its only YOUR money and freedom.

UD

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
I am very happy to see the current snowpack. It is high but not high enough. We have yet to see how the snowpack will translate to replenishing our lakes and resevoirs. So no, I don't think the emergency is over.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I totally agree we should look for alternative energy sources. I would think we all agree clean air and clean water are very important as well. My question is how many industries do we kill because of regulations derived from skeptical science at best. When people start making shit up and passing laws on bogus science we have a problem. When we allow agencies to dictate policy with now oversight or input from the public, we have a problem. The whole environmental industry started with good intentions, but as usual when the government runs industries it's now so corrupt and self serving its become an uncontrollable beast.
Funny how so many people that bitch about all the industry going over seas, don't see a problem over regulation in the name off clean energy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts