Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
small block jet
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing two different threads on Youngblood TX 20's this week, I figured I would share my winter project. I believe this is the 4th one built. JBN000040279. Anyway, I'm not much on typing so I'll let the pics speak.

Attachments

·
small block jet
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
current pics

This is how it sits now. Got a big box of parts from Tom @ JBP ready to start re rigging, as soon as the intake gets back from powder coat. Trailer is being blasted, as well as original wheels. Trying to put it back as was in 79 with a few modern upgrades. Had to do black stringers due to holes filled and budget:)Unsure

Attachments

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Looking good! Glad to see another TX-20 Saved! This may be an original picture of that boat,
although I don't see others colors under your sanding. I know close on the following:
#1 was white and is in Texarkana, TX (actually constructed late 1978
#2 was black and silver and I last saw it in Dallas - 1979
#3 was black and silver and in East Texas in the early 80's - 1979
#4 I am thinking was white base with red and yellow
#5 or was silver and blue and went to Rick Hendricks
#6 was in the Texarkana area.
#7 was Silver w/ Red and Blue flake
#8 was white and gray and is repainted and in the Dallas area.
My brain fails we from there.
Pretty quick after these was a yellow with colors
and my brown, bronze gold.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Gotta dumb question...is that the final color, or are you planning on graphics etc? Progress pics look great so far!

·
small block jet
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gear,
My trailer is white and I believe original due to the Panther stickers and Cabot AR address. Also the stripes were onbroken on the sides. Thanks for the info. I think Rick's old boat is alive and well in Charlotte, NC. Warpspeed doesn't post on here anymore though:confused:
Am I reading the serial number right?

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Gear,
My trailer is white and I believe original due to the Panther stickers and Cabot AR address. Also the stripes were onbroken on the sides. Thanks for the info. I think Rick's old boat is alive and well in Charlotte, NC. Warpspeed doesn't post on here anymore though:confused:
Am I reading the serial number right?
Yes you are. #4 registered in February 1979, although that may have been when he took the order and not the completion date. And a big yes on the Panther trailer in Cabot:) That would have been a customer ordered custom scheme as most of them had the typical triangles on the deck and breaks in the side pattern. Robert Wittenburg may remember as he and Jim did all the tape layout and gel shooting at the time.

10-4 on Warpspeed, I have not talked with him in a couple of years. Does he still work in the race shop?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Alright, lovin it......

Mine is coming along too. Powder coaters.......machine shop.........everything takes two weeks...lol

·
small block jet
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
youngblood restoration

New pics coming soon. Ready for lake testing tomorrow. Classic Hot Boats event this Saturday.:shock::shock::shock:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts