Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've long been in love with the CTS.

The last time I looked at them they were still asking way to much for them. Today, out of curiosity I looked at a few and they are damn near giving them away.

I've long believed that you never buy a luxury car, you lease it. When the warranty is up the car is not worth a damn. However, with the current used pricing on these cars I'm reconsidering that philosophy.

So I'm curious. How many miles is a well taken care of Cadillac going to be good for? I'm seeing 04 CTS's w/ 80k on the clock going for 10k. At that price I could pick one up and pay cash. Is the car going to give me another 80k miles if I take care of it or do these things turn into oversized paperweights when they hit 100k?

·
In Boat Shopping mode!
16 Posts
We bought our CTS new in 07 with seven miles on the clicker. With 29,000 on it now it has never missed a beat. I loved everything about the car when we got it and I still feel the same today. Other than it not being a CTS-V I don't have any complaints.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm on my third CTS, an '08 with the 304 Hp direct injection motor. First car in my life ever leased so I'll give it back in Jan '10. It will have approximately 10,000 miles, never driven on dirt or in the rain, never been parked out at night, and will have had no maintenance performed, no oil change, no battery, no nothing. This fabulous car will be a find for someone, but I got it so cheap there'll be one hell of a residual on it. If you're lucky enough to get it, believe me, its one nice car...

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I'm on my third CTS, an '08 with the 304 Hp direct injection motor. First car in my life ever leased so I'll give it back in Jan '10. It will have approximately 10,000 miles, never driven on dirt or in the rain, never been parked out at night, and will have had no maintenance performed, no oil change, no battery, no nothing. This fabulous car will be a find for someone, but I got it so cheap there'll be one hell of a residual on it. If you're lucky enough to get it, believe me, its one nice car...
And this is good? And only 10,000 miles in 2 years?

·
Registered
225 Posts
When we took my wife's Hummer in for some warrenty work they gave us one as a loaner car & we fell in love with it. They had a fair amount on the lot & a few with nice upgraded wheels & a custom grill. I do agree, a little higher priced than I expected but however it is a Cadillac.

·
Registered
805 Posts
scooter, I called my dealer and made an appointment, but when I got there and they looked at the mileage (prox 5500 in 18 mos) they told me to come back later. My electronic dash and emails from GM say everything is OK except for one tire being a pound low. Same thing happened to my CLS550, they seem to want to go 12/13,000 on the mobil 1 they use. This is new to me, I used to change all that in 3K, but not in todays world I guess...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.