Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen on another forum someone had made mention of FTA. I've since done a lot of research on the subject and have been strongly considering getting into it. I'm curious if anyone here has any experience with it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have been for years.....Cool Sat 5000. It is and has been the best reciever out for years, but now its time to upgrade, she is pretty much done. Its a great thing to have if you dont NEED to always have TV.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Free To Air (FTA). You utilize a Set Top Box (STB) in conjunction with a dish network type satellite to receive/decode satellite broadcasts. Similar to the "black boxes" for cable.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How often do bin files go out and how long do they last? My coolsat 5000 goes out all the time now....ever since the lawsuit.
Average is 1-3 times a month.Fix takes all of 5 minutes to get it working again if new fix is available.My box has a usb on the back.You take your "geek stick" and download fix off your computer and then stick it into the FTA box and bam your back in business.About 5 minutes from start to finish. Pretty easy nowadays.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Average is 1-3 times a month.Fix takes all of 5 minutes to get it working again if new fix is available.My box has a usb on the back.You take your "geek stick" and download fix off your computer and then stick it into the FTA box and bam your back in business.About 5 minutes from start to finish. Pretty easy nowadays.
Thats how coolsat use to be...sometimes even months before it went down. When it goes down how long does it normally take for a fix to pop up? I currently just have the plug from my PC to my box, but the USB would make it much easier....way to easy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Craigslist :D

For more info check the god of all websites

www.f2atv.com
This is the site i get my fix from.Fix sometimes is available anywhere from the same day to about 2 days max. I use this set up in 5 year old's room.of course i set up his "own channels" to watch on the remote so they don't get mixed up with "Daddy's Channels";) Boy do they have some good "DADDY" channels!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This is the site i get my fix from.Fix sometimes is available anywhere from the same day to about 2 days max. I use this set up in 5 year old's room.of course i set up his "own channels" to watch on the remote so they don't get mixed up with "Daddy's Channels";) Boy do they have some good "DADDY" channels!
Haha...believe me I know! How long have you had this box? Is this the only one you have dealt with? I need to change asap, but wasnt sure what to get...I hear the new coolsat 6100 is pretty awesome.

And yes....."Daddys" channels are good shit! haha :D I would always have that shit one when people came over and they were like...WTF!!!??? haha

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha...believe me I know! How long have you had this box? Is this the only one you have dealt with? I need to change asap, but wasnt sure what to get...I hear the new coolsat 6100 is pretty awesome.

And yes....."Daddys" channels are good shit! haha :D I would always have that shit one when people came over and they were like...WTF!!!??? haha
I'm pretty stoked about the daddys channels! I'm probably going to order my box the end of this month.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
"Hobbyists" - LOL

1 - 20 of 41 Posts