Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions about a flooring project I'm working on. I layed vinyl sheet and got adhesive on the top side of the floor and am having a hell of a time trying to get it off. So far I've used/tried Simple Green, Lacquer Thinner, WD40 and that just made it a little softer but it's still sticky. Help!

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One other thing I'm really nervous about is ruining the top side of the floor and having to replace it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
mineral spirits should work, try pouring a little on the glue and let it soak for a minute, it shouldn't harm the vinyl. what kind of glue did you use?? Careful with the laquer thinner, it will probably soften the finish on the vinyl floor.

I am a floor guy and have used mineral spirits daily for years.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I just picked up the Mineral Spirits so I can try that in the morning and a few other things. If that doesn't work I will try the 3M adhesive remover. If that doesn't come out, time to replace the vinyl.

·
Cajun Member
1,436 Posts
OK, I just picked up the Mineral Spirits so I can try that in the morning and a few other things. If that doesn't work I will try the 3M adhesive remover. If that doesn't come out, time to replace the vinyl.
You could also try a little heat,hair dryer/heat gun on low.You want to warm the tape just enough to release with out cooking the vinyl .........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts