Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ever happenet to Paul Strattons Sew what Jones/Starfire? I had sold it to a guy up in Oregon or Washington, but never hear or saw of it since, The boat had never been rigged, and was a multi colored Gel scheeme, black base burgundy deck with stripes down the deck and even some on the bottom front of the boat....very light too I might add.
TRG

·
Registered
639 Posts
This ne

What ever happenet to Paul Strattons Sew what Jones/Starfire? I had sold it to a guy up in Oregon or Washington, but never hear or saw of it since, The boat had never been rigged, and was a multi colored Gel scheeme, black base burgundy deck with stripes down the deck and even some on the bottom front of the boat....very light too I might add.
TRG
This look like the boat you are looking for ?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There it is! Whats doin'?
ever rig this, Did I sell this to you? Where is it now?
TRG

·
Registered
19,887 Posts
i dont know if this has anything to do with what your talkin about .but i bought this one and had it at long beach about 4 yrs back...national super stock champ for 3 yrs and was named "sew what" on the side the #'s were gone off the side when i got it....

·
Registered
19,887 Posts
heres another sew what must have been a few

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
This Hallett was one of Gil Suiters Ex-SS (right hand steering)! I owned it later and built a blown BBC 440 on carbs and sold it to Jimmy Pate, have no idea where the boat ended up.

Cheers, Spudz :)hand

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
This Hallett was one of Gil Suiters Ex-SS (right hand steering)! I owned it later and built a blown BBC 440 on carbs and sold it to Jimmy Pate, have no idea where the boat ended up.

Cheers, Spudz :)hand
Jim Pate....wow..that's a name from the past. I remember he also had a bad ass Biesemeyer and his dog was taller than me :D

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Jim lives in Winslow and owns Northland Container Co., and talk to him from time to time. He has a pickle fork V-Drive with a blown 502, it's only been in the water a couple of times, sits at his business!

John

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
What's up with rite hand steer?
Back when they thought that was the ticket, Don St.Johns drove this boat and won many SS races for Gil Suiter! Even though I never intended to race the boat I couldn't get use to the RH steering, I'm not English enough. :dunno:

Spudz :airplane:

·
Registered
4 Posts
heres another sew what must have been a few
One of those Sew What boats was a Revenge. I was told the boat was so light, they'd have to reattach the deck after every race. The paint on that one looks very familiar.
I crew on a sister boat that was laid up with a ski deck. I'm looking for some caviation plate info on that Sew What Revenge SS boat. Does anybody know what happened t that one?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts