Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can a judge grant visitation rights to someone without a dna test first?

·
Registered
187 Posts
How can a judge grant visitation rights to someone without a dna test first?
I'm not a lawyer. In my State...a man seeking rights is generally looked upon favorably under these conditions. These apply to both visitation and custody although custody/partial custody is much harder to get.

Mom lists Man as Dad on birth certificate.
Man pays child support, even if the child isn't his.
Man is significant other/provider for mom/child.
Man has child in his household for 51% of the year.
Mom claims former Man is no longer Dad but new Man is the real Dad...sucks but the burden of proof falls on the Man.

The process is a little different when two men are seeking rights for the same child/children. It's not uncommon here to see Judges give varying amounts of time to as many as four adults. Our judges are suppose to have a blind eye to any BS between the adults, it's all about what's best for the child.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ex's

take her fishing like elmer fud went wabbit hunting 2 go out but only1 come's back:fishing1: this kind of stuff just aint right, but they get away with it every day!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This child is under the guardianship of my girlfriend. There has been no paternity established at all but still granted visitation to this guy that is not listed as the father just a possible of 2. But then again this is in fresno calif by a judge that has been publicly admonished from the criminal court system. Funny how how they put him in charge of infints.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the wanna-be dad was a no show for the 1st visitation weekend. To bad so sad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts