Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to get info on setting up a business account for 14 lines. Just PM me or contact me at 323-823-4758

Guillermo

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
i just stop using nextel and switched to verizon, so far its good except the blouder phone sucks. i had nextel since they first started the service just started to have to many dead spots and dropped calls.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just stop using nextel and switched to verizon, so far its good except the blouder phone sucks. i had nextel since they first started the service just started to have to many dead spots and dropped calls.
I hear that there are two phones with Push to talk, the Boulder and another Motorola phone, I guess the boulder is something I should not look at if I decide to stay with Verizon

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
i am waiting on the other phones now. i had a rep bring a couple of the other phones in to try and they seem better. i would of stayed with nextel, but i am the purchasing agent-superintendent for the company and when you have 12 foremen complaining about not being able to get in touch with one another and talking to the jobsite super's and have the call drop its not good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i am waiting on the other phones now. i had a rep bring a couple of the other phones in to try and they seem better. i would of stayed with nextel, but i am the purchasing agent-superintendent for the company and when you have 12 foremen complaining about not being able to get in touch with one another and talking to the jobsite super's and have the call drop its not good.
All that goes back to no money going into maintaining their network

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
All that goes back to no money going into maintaining their network
There's no money to go back into the network.

I wonder how much longer they will be able to maintain their Nascar sponsorship?

I just attended a wireless Summit. The largest metric in wireless company growth is Net adds. AT&T and Verizon were both over 1 million net adds for the 4th Quarter. Sprint/Nextel's net adds is over NEGATIVE 1 million. AT&T and Verizon both put on over 1 million net adds each 1/4 for 2008 and Sprint/Nextel had NEGATIVE net adds for the entire year.

If Someone doesn't buy them out (which probably wont happen do to anti-trust laws) Sprint/Nextel will soon be headed to the BK courts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There's no money to go back into the network.

I wonder how much longer they will be able to maintain their Nascar sponsorship?

I just attended a wireless Summit. The largest metric in wireless company growth is Net adds. AT&T and Verizon were both over 1 million net adds for the 4th Quarter. Sprint/Nextel's net adds is over NEGATIVE 1 million. AT&T and Verizon both put on over 1 million net adds each 1/4 for 2008 and Sprint/Nextel had NEGATIVE net adds for the entire year.

If Someone doesn't buy them out (which probably wont happen do to anti-trust laws) Sprint/Nextel will soon be headed to the BK courts.
This is a perfect time and the perfect company for some foreign money to be invested.
Maybe Vodaphone sales their shares in Verizon Wireless, picks up Sprint for penny’s on the dollar, and shows the US how far in technology we are behind.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
This is a perfect time and the perfect company for some foreign money to be invested.
Maybe Vodaphone sales their shares in Verizon Wireless, picks up Sprint for penny’s on the dollar, and shows the US how far in technology we are behind.
Foreign money is trying to get out of US telecom. The regulations placed on us in the US make it very hard to stay ahead of the curve and maintain profitability.

Just look at the most recent spectrum. Billions of dollars had to be paid to the fed's to obtain licenses to operate on the 700 mhz spectrum.

Air in this country comes at a very high price.

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
Foreign money is trying to get out of US telecom. The regulations placed on us in the US make it very hard to stay ahead of the curve and maintain profitability.

Just look at the most recent spectrum. Billions of dollars had to be paid to the fed's to obtain licenses to operate on the 700 mhz spectrum.

Air in this country comes at a very high price.
That's correct, spectrum is very costly, and fortunately Sprint/Nextel holds the majority of the high speed spectrum. Yes, Sprint/Nextel lost a lot of customers last year, but their financials are still strong with recent moves and stronger than expected earnings in Q4. They continue to invest heavily in their network (both Iden & CDMA). In fact Sprint was just recently named to have the best coverage in the Western US by JD Powers.

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Nextel is cool until you A. have to make a call and have no service or B. need to pay the ridiculous bill.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts