Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kicking around the idea of maybe switching over sometime in the near future given the continued clamping down of noise up here and trying to think ahead.

I've seen a few on bigger (21' and above) but have not personally seen any on smaller 18' or 19' boats.

I have seen some pics of gullwings down south with them but only side shots and no closer more detailed shots of how they run the pipe and would really appreciate it if somebody has some experiance that they would be willing to share.

Thanks a bunch guys. Take care...........john

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
There is yellow bubble deck here in slc with em. If you go over to about page 3 of the v-drives, and look for TBI 's thread that says salesman of the year. There is a pic of it there. It's a good read besides.lol I'd post a link but I r 2 dumb.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
John a least give some thought to this style exaust , they are simple to rig and they run "cool" and are reasonably priced I've used them on smaller boats as well Tom

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
John a least give some thought to this style exaust , they are simple to rig and they run "cool" and are reasonably priced I've used them on smaller boats as well Tom
Thanks guys. Thats quite a swimming story on the V-drive section. Tommy, I'm not opposed to anything. Are those EMI's?

Just want it to be "blower friendly", looks decent, run cool and with luck be quiet enough that we could try to run some places that are 100% off limits to us now with our setup the way it is now.

With that said, I LOVE the way the Borlas sound but they arent allowed on the local lake.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Funny but the EMI's with 4 inch tail pipes are as loud as alot of header OT boat but they don't seem have the "Red/Flag" bull effect the headers do with law enforcement Tom

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Thanks guys. Thats quite a swimming story on the V-drive section. Tommy, I'm not opposed to anything. Are those EMI's?

Just want it to be "blower friendly", looks decent, run cool and with luck be quiet enough that we could try to run some places that are 100% off limits to us now with our setup the way it is now.

With that said, I LOVE the way the Borlas sound but they arent allowed on the local lake.
time to move or get a fishing boat then:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Here are some pics of my old set up. The hatch is off and I made 5" tips which are in the pics that are shown. The headers are going out to be ceramic coated and will be bolted to a blower motor like yours. Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
Maybe you need to head to the east side of the state for boating John. No problems over here.
Your problem over there on the west side of the state is that you have all of those tree hugging type people over there..... The noise will destroy the environment hil:)hil:)

I just picked up a set of TT snails and logs this weekend, but probably not what you're looking for.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks X, it "appears" that theres quite a bit more transom/depth to that boat compared to mine but that does provide me some ideas

I might be interested in your Borlas.

Vern
Gotcha Vern. I won't be trading them out this year given the amount of mods that would have to take place to provide clearance in my boat but I'll let you know when/if they are available. I dont think there's a better sounding exhaust. Just a bit too much over here for some folks in coffee land.

Maybe you need to head to the east side of the state for boating John. No problems over here.
Your problem over there on the west side of the state is that you have all of those tree hugging type people over there..... The noise will destroy the environment hil:)hil:)

I just picked up a set of TT snails and logs this weekend, but probably not what you're looking for.
Don't even get me started Jimmy, drives me flipping nuts. One lady lives right next to the public boat launch (here house is less than 15' away from the ramp) and she bitches about the noise of the trucks/people and our boat.

I'm thinking along the line of Lightnings/EMI Thunders/ect... but thanks....John

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those look good Skip but damn, you know me, it takes me months to make up my mind and pull the trigger.

Would still like to see a few more in boats like mine before I pulled the trigger. Things like clearance for valve covers (I've read can me an issue) and how they plumbed the pipe with elbows and SS pipe or rubber hose.

I know, picky arent I...;)

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
You can pretty much have them built, to the way you like, extra valve cover clearance, bigger rise, lesser rise, Tight "S" quick turn collector, over under swim plate form, collector closer or further apart. I like the polished SS or the transpartent powder coats over silver base. Another header I like is the tri-y bassett

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,075 Posts
Donnies Exhaust

Supersoaker forgot to mention that his ride still runs mid 90s with the Bassets!!!!

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I havent seen those Bassetts before. They look very nice. Are they Jacketed?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts