Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions onwhich brand marine gauges are best? I am looking at Beede gauges but are there any other good ones? Where to buy??? Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Needs, Quite a few of our bunch run Autometer but I've seen anything from those to Beede to Teleflex. Just depends on what you want and what you want to spend....good luck..john

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
I've got Teleflex ones now. But would like to replace with some Autometer Platinum ones. I would get mine from Rex Marine.

·
688 Posts
Beede guages have gotten very pricey. I've talked with Rex and Tom both and have decided to go to a different brand.:)coffee

·
Registered
153 Posts
Beede guages have gotten very pricey. I've talked with Rex and Tom both and have decided to go to a different brand.:)coffee
Thats too bad. Im glad that I got mine when I did. I really like them cause they are one of the few gauges out there that are domed with no lip on the edges like the Autometer ones. All the friggin lip does is trap dirt and water.
The domed ones look period correct for the jet boat.
The Beede gauges fit perfect and hooked up to my wiring harness without adding or changing a single wire.

·
use a BBC to pull a BBC
337 Posts
I got mine from Tom at JBP, they are faria. look good and great price all gauges with senders (not fuel sender) for 225.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM BEEDE!!!!!!!! They are very exspensive and everybody is dropping them. Go to lopers and get a set of Autometer's. I just did and they are fair in price.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions onwhich brand marine gauges are best? I am looking at Beede gauges but are there any other good ones? Where to buy??? Any help would be great. Thanks.
Need,
Check out what CP Performance has on close-out, they might have the gauges you need.
here's the link to their section here on Performance Boats-
http://www.performanceboats.com//forumdisplay.php?f=69

check out the Livorsi stuff

·
688 Posts
Thats too bad. Im glad that I got mine when I did. I really like them cause they are one of the few gauges out there that are domed with no lip on the edges like the Autometer ones. All the friggin lip does is trap dirt and water.
The domed ones look period correct for the jet boat.
The Beede gauges fit perfect and hooked up to my wiring harness without adding or changing a single wire.
Yep that's why i was going with them. In this economy we have to justify all the toys. :)coffee

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I run Stewart Warner gauges, Maybe not the most well known, but I like em.

http://www.sw-performance.com/
Needed a small self contained tach for my capsule boat.The Stewart Warner Ultra shift light #114949 fit the bill.I am experimenting with the NOS shift sending feature to replace the digi-set time delay box for my lenco.Also a bargain for the features it has.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Guages

Lots of great guages and packages out there to offer we've even picked up a private label along with the outstanding Autometer and Farria and other lines After selling the daylights out of Bedees last year All of us got a HUGE Shock from the Beedee folks this season with IMO a "disproportionate" price increase. We still have lots of singles and some partial sets of the Beeds' but that will be it for them Tom

BTW Ford folks who want a "double stack 4 port T-stat" (previously just for Olds and Chevy) ,son Josh finally "cooked one up" this week (special order only)

·
Engine junkie
142 Posts
Here;
They have them in black too. With a colored bezel their a really nice looking gauge, and at a good price too.:)bulb
Have them in my uncles boat, so far they work great, about 3 years now I think.

http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=35

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah I second those if Beedes are out. Nice gauges and domed too.
Domed just looks period correct for the jetboats imo. Autometers look like they need to be in an automobile.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts