Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to see if there are any v-drive killers out there. My uncle has a new one on the way, he talks so much garbage about jets that I have to get mine dialed in. I also had one run up on me in Elsinore, but it was a nice shovelnose. But I was just trying to see who is kicking ass and taking names lol. Any advice

·
fast guy
295 Posts
Trying to see if there are any v-drive killers out there. My uncle has a new one on the way, he talks so much garbage about jets that I have to get mine dialed in. I also had one run up on me in Elsinore, but it was a nice shovelnose. But I was just trying to see who is kicking ass and taking names lol. Any advice

ive heard by a very relieable source that turdle and river racers boats have never been beat
just saying

·
Registered
393 Posts
jet boats are beating V-drives all day long at the races!!!!!!!

(8.0-9.0-10.0)

it really comes down to,
Run Your Boat--Not Your Mouth!!!!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Is that like 80 90 100 mph?;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Race him over a rock bar. See how his v-drive likes that.:happy:

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
The Parker 300 next month,

The V-Drivers will be there in force GN's

In the last 4 years I have only seen 1-jet boat show up (275)

bring your jets to the race and we will see who's BAD

The jets get a 7 lap head start that's 42 miles over a 2 liter outboard plus 10 more minutes over the Gn's

The green O/B give you even more time

You jet boats can run anything under the sun 525 inch N/A

I prefer to run my boat and let it do the talking in the end

I bet only the 275 jet boat shows up :))THumbsUp

And the Comp jet boats stay home and hide :wtf:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I believe jets can hold there own in the 1/4 mile if set up properly.
go to the drags and watch anything 7 sec or higher and u'll know jets can more than hold there own. You hardly ever see an outboard out there.....manly because they look and sound gay i assume :hmmm:. Bring out that war canoe thing and out it on the rope and see how it lines up to the flats and jetsReality. racing the enduro is not a jets bag, it would be like showing up to the baja 1000 in a sand dragster and expect to win. whats a decent outboard make like 400hp??? hell id hope it would stay together and get good gas millage thing doesn't make enough power to hurt a fly. p.s. outboards r gay!

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
if set up properly.
There's the magic words. I used to get that shit from mustang and import owners all day long when my bone stock Z06 would whoop their asses. "We'll if I had this and I had that". Yea, well if I had that too I'd still whoop your ass.
Last I looked, there's no jet fuelers running 260+mph. So this is kind a pointless. Besides, I have yet to personally witness a jet run a full 1/4 mile in a river/lake race.
Just my $0.02...

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
go to the drags and watch anything 7 sec or higher and u'll know jets can more than hold there own. You hardly ever see an outboard out there.....manly because they look and sound gay i assume :hmmm:. Bring out that war canoe thing and out it on the rope and see how it lines up to the flats and jetsReality. racing the enduro is not a jets bag, it would be like showing up to the baja 1000 in a sand dragster and expect to win. whats a decent outboard make like 400hp??? hell id hope it would stay together and get good gas millage thing doesn't make enough power to hurt a fly. p.s. outboards r gay!
Outboards, have run mid 7's @ 700+ hp in the 1/4 mile
and over 170 in the kilo
Our co-driver runs the 7 sec class
Last crew at the drags I was with ran in the 4's
What does your boat do?

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
I wish there were some ET boats racing in the 300!......What kind of time handicap would they have BigSteve?
Maxi, and I were in the same class in 2010 Parker race

Jones tunnels are bad ass :))THumbsUp

Maxi had prop trouble in ET

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Outboards, have run mid 7's @ 700+ hp in the 1/4 mile
and over 170 in the kilo
Are co-driver runs the 7 sec class
Last crew at the drags I was with ran in the 4's
What does your boat do?
just a slow 400hp jet boat nothing special....id love to see a 4 sec 1/4 outboard boat post some video of that please :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I was with one of our sponsors
He also funds TFH
oooooooooooooh so it had a real motor is what your saying :happy:

haha all joking aside outboards have there place, make killer fishing boat motors so quite the fish don't suspect a thing :))THumbsUp

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
oooooooooooooh so it had a real motor is what your saying :happy:

haha all joking aside outboards have there place, make killer fishing boat motors so quite the fish don't suspect a thing :))THumbsUp
That's some funny shit right there:))THumbsUp

Truth is you don't get the LEO's on your back :)bulb

1 - 20 of 538 Posts