Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mead is by far my favorite place to boat. Like you said, it is so big that even when there are alot of boats out it still is not crowded at all. We just got back from Lake San Antonio. Fun, but you have to keep your head on a swivel there. Cruising 40-45 you can circle the lake in 20 min.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mead is by far my favorite place to boat. Like you said, it is so big that even when there are alot of boats out it still is not crowded at all. We just got back from Lake San Antonio. Fun, but you have to keep your head on a swivel there. Cruising 40-45 you can circle the lake in 20 min.
Do you live in vegas?? we also have a 1996 hallett 270,, 500 hp w/ aluminum heads...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Been spending lots more weekends on Mead this Summer than in the past. Gas prices suck. Being single, I like the party of Havasu, and the much closer drive from the ramp to the house. It's an hour from my house to the ramp on Mead. :(

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I was at Temple Bar this weekend. it was pretty crowded, there had to be 50 vehicles in the parking lot!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I been starting to spend more time at mead, It amazes me that so little amount of people use such a big beautifull lake,..

I was out yesterday in the schiada,water is way up
Steve, I live in Henderson and have been boating on Mead since 1990. I go there all the time with the family in our Howard 28 Bullet.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been spending lots more weekends on Mead this Summer than in the past. Gas prices suck. Being single, I like the party of Havasu, and the much closer drive from the ramp to the house. It's an hour from my house to the ramp on Mead. :(
Kieth are you in the north west, thats about how long it takes me...
What size Schiada is that and how does it handle a little lake chop?
21 river cruiser, does good up to about 2-3'rs... then you really wish you were in the hallett 270

Steve, I live in Henderson and have been boating on Mead since 1990. I go there all the time with the family in our Howard 28 Bullet.
I'll watch for you and stop by...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I been starting to spend more time at mead, It amazes me that so little amount of people use such a big beautifull lake,..

I was out yesterday in the schiada,water is way up
Mead gets a good amount of people on the weekends but its so big that it's never crowded. But if you can get out there during the week it is awesome. Youll have the whole lake to yourself. I like Havasu cause of all the parties but that gets old and its nice to have a lake where you can relax. I wish more events would be planned at mead though. The aquapalozza event has been takin off the last couple years which is a lot of fun just wish there was more than one a yr.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think I might have ran with you leaving sandy last year. You don't see too many stv's at mead. Here's a pic of my boat.
Wasn't me. My STV hasn't been to Lake Mean in 3 years or so. What color was the boat? Sure it was an STV? Not many in these parts.
It might have been white and red now that I think about it. I'm not really sure didn't get to check it out that close. Just figured it might have been you cause that was the one and only that I've ever seen at mead.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts