Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a bunch.:D Most of you have probably heard by now that I have decided to shift my focus away from the boating industry. Ultra Boats will still be available from Ultra Performance Center (Mike Harlan) and Inland Ultra Boats (John D). I will still help out with some designs and sales every now and then, but I won't be invloved with the day to day operations. The economy hit us hard these last couple of years and the sales aren't strong enough to justify me trying to use this to support my family any longer. Lately it's been my family supporting Ultra and it should be the other way around. I'm also just burnt out. I want to spend more time with my wife and kids. I've made many friends over the years in this business and I'm sure I'll see a lot of you out on the water.:)hand

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
JW,

I want to say thank you for coming up here and telling us all yourself... We have hinted towards getting someone to spill the beans and I know its not easy to do. The economy just does not support the hard work of those in the industry and you are worthy of more! I look forward to the times we run into you and your family in Havasu and hope for better times. Your family is most important, take care of them first!

Don't be a stranger, you know how to keep in touch.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Good luck JW. This economy has given us all a swift kick in the ass. :)coffee

·
Registered
865 Posts
John Good Luck to you. You have always helped me whenever i asked a question. Thanks again for all you have done for the ULTRA owners and their families.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
So from what I understand JW is going to file a Chapter 7 or 11 bankruptcy and then the other guys will take it over with a clean slate (no debt) and try to build it from there? What are the future plans of the 344SC?....go forward with it or put it on a back shelf?
Carefull, lotta supporters here.:)

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
JW,

I hope your new business venture works well for you and your family whatever it may be.

Allow me to congratulate you for building some of the coolest boats in the industry. In high school, the episode of monster garage always made me want a 19' shadow...and a 27':D.. Well I finally got a 19' couple years ago. Though I didnt buy it new and directly from Ultra, you were there to answer any questions I had about the boat before and after I bought it.

Glad to see you are leaving the company in great hands. I look forward to a new Ultra build in the future, I hope you will be around to help me design it.

Again good luck and take care,

Dennis

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
you have always impressed me with amazing boats and an outstanding reputation and this will keep going... hope all is well and things will work out for the better!:)devil

1 - 20 of 54 Posts