Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched from my back porch. At 8:30 am was over the top of the hill. Went to town around 10:30am and line was back to the dam road. Used the back way to get home to avoid the line. No boating for me on Saturday. Anybody here wait in it?
Carl
Oh 'ya F Lake Mohave, it sux!

·
DRIVE4SHOW-PUTT4$$$
647 Posts
that's insane!!!! was there last weekend .....wide open ramp:)devil ran to willow beach last sat. :) the lake laid down for the whole trip...bitchin ride

·
Upstanding Member
12,708 Posts
Watched from my back porch. At 8:30 am was over the top of the hill. Went to town around 10:30am and line was back to the dam road. Used the back way to get home to avoid the line. No boating for me on Saturday. Anybody here wait in it?
Carl
It's not the lake that sucks it's the crowds. But then again you already know that lol...

Hey 23Eagle, That aint shit mofo!!!:)hand:)hand

·
Registered
229 Posts
Found this on that site

Two dead after holiday weekend at Lake Mohave

Posted: May 26, 2009 09:22 AM MST

A National Park Service official says two men died in separate incidents over the Memorial Day holiday on Lake Mohave.

Lake Mead National Recreation Area spokesman Andrew Munoz says Bullhead City, Ariz., Fire Department divers are resuming the search Tuesday for the body of 42-year-old John Silva of El Monte, Calif.

Silva is presumed to have drowned after jumping off a boat with no life jacket about 4:30 p.m. Monday on the Nevada side of Lake Mohave across from Katherine Landing.

Munoz says a 38-year-old Las Vegas man was killed and another person was arrested on suspicion of boating under the influence after an unrelated personal watercraft collision Sunday near Six-Mile Cove.

Munoz says one water craft hit another, and Jose Rivas died after bystanders pulled him to shore.

·
R U or U R?
1,829 Posts
Got there at 9:15 and waited for about 45 minutes in that line.
Monday we said screw it and went to Pirate Cove.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We waited in that line. When we got there around 1 pm the line was backed up to the dam road. It took about 25-30 minutes to get up to the season pass lane. Luckily we were able to get a slip so we didn't have to wait in the line to launch.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Hey Carl.....We were in Gasoline Ally all day Saturday. Of course I launched late Friday night and had the ice chest, etc filled and ready when we got there. had a bunch of UCLA girls with my girlfriend and I told them the only way we were going into GA was if we were on the lake by 7AM. They did it! lol Anyhow, we were in the back of the cove by a big ass houseboat. At one point they asked if we were trying to compete with their houseboat stereo system....lol No, not really a competition at all :)

Yesterday my girl and I were out on the lake till midnight :D beautiful weather and only one other boat across the cove. We had a great time. When we came in I drove buy your houseboat for sale. She said it was cute....lol

I did notice the carp fish floating but didn't hear about the deaths. Saw many more carp this AM when I pulled the boat out around 6AM.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
This weekend was definitely the busiest I've seen it in the last few years. IMO, certainly not safe enough to do more than about 55 MPH between the dam and power lines.

·
Registered
656 Posts
We launched out of CWC on Sun and went uplake. Parking lot was full by 8:30a. I had to be creative to get a spot to park. Launching wasn't bad.
Monday, launched at Katherine's and got right on the water about 10. Pulled off around 2:30. No waiting either time.

Knarley accident on the road back to town on Monday. :( A big rig must have lost his brakes and took out at least six to eight other cars. Really bad. Looked like a war zone. I almost had the kids look away, but we went by it after the injured had been taken away. Worst accident scene I've ever seen. Cars were trashed and scattered. Gotta watch for truckers coming down that grade. I've been behind a few with smoking brakes.

·
Registered
439 Posts
we went up sunday afternoon,launched monday around 8,4 boats ahead of us,went into office and walked out with a slip.marina was empty when we tied up around 5pm.saw the hugest fking dead carp just up from the powerlines,swear that sum bitch was 4 ft long.kinda smelly but oh well.amazing how fast the crowds bailed out.17 bucks a night for a room,priceless.

·
3,246 Posts
Carl
Thats why you need to move your house to Marina Manor where the only line you have to wait in, is the beer line:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts