Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
CANT RE MEMBER
1,159 Posts
That cp was darrins brothers, kens old boat iv'e drove it before, best handling cp iv'e ever driven, but thats been 12 years ago

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I owned it in 96-97 and sold it to Ken. It was a good handling boat but Darrin and Ken would know alot more about it. Scared the shit out of me on the shutdown, but then again I had just seen an 18' tunnel driver get spit out and hurt pretty bad at Ming the month before. It felt fine to drive until i stood on the beach and watched my little brother stand in it for about an 8 count and I told myself, this thing needs to go.....

We named it "Nad Rash".....:D

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
By the way, I would guess it was in the 400-450 pound range, it was not a real light boat as I recall. I guess that's why it's still in one piece after all these years on the river. At the time, Bill told me that he had only built three black hulls from the factory.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
That cp was darrins brothers, kens old boat iv'e drove it before, best handling cp iv'e ever driven, but thats been 12 years ago
John who showed you how to take off the caps ? :)bulb

I was getting use to you yelling all the time ;)

S CP :D

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
i will say this as CP tunnels go ???? GREAT BOAT!!!!

don't know whats been done since my bro had it .. but ken spent a lot of time setting up the weight and balance and had that boat hardwared good as it gets. boat ran the river perfect!!!!!! pass after pass ...never did anything funny like you hear about with cp's ..shut down sweet , he had a home built 482 13 to 1 motor with dart heads , 2 1050 Dom's and a 250 nos shot. boat ran a best pass of 8.13 et 126 .23 at njba at ming , he ran the boat at the track same as at the river gas tanks and all..... ran it on the river for years .....weekend after weekend. he still loves that boat.

only reason he sold it was had a kid on the way and did a 21 tpr with tom papp.
as riverdad said its a middle weight think it was like 380 to 400 lbs range,, solid as a rock.

nothing but good things to say about that boat .. side note kens race motor did NOT get sold with that boat. boat was sold with a steal headed 440 BBC .

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys! As always you guys are on the spot whenever someone needs anything!
I think Im done with v - bottom boats unless its a Rogers. Looking for a gullwing or a tunnel. Without a motor. Should have enough duckets saved up by the end of summer and then it will give me something to work on through winter.
I already have someone in mind who I will be calling out when I finally get another boat together!:D

Thanks again guys!
peace

·
LAID IN MEXICO
750 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! As always you guys are on the spot whenever someone needs anything!
I think Im done with v - bottom boats unless its a Rogers. Looking for a gullwing or a tunnel. Without a motor. Should have enough duckets saved up by the end of summer and then it will give me something to work on through winter.
I already have someone in mind who I will be calling out when I finally get another boat together!:D

Thanks again guys!
peace

ill give you a local race when you get something together!!! but dont be hurt when a big ass 21' v drive cruiser breaks one off in ya..... let me know if ya get somthing, im still sittin right below ojai. alot of deals on sweet boats these days!!! nelson.

·
Banned
540 Posts
River Racer & Turtle aren't racing anymore ... sorry
N8dawg. Buy that Tunnel and bring the noise. NOISE, like in all the backfires and popping your other speedster made, LMAO. :D

Thanks for representing us Brian, but we will race when, and IF, it suites us.
I myself am still waiting on a "coming out" party.

Turtles boat is down for some tweaking and improvements.

Don't let that depress all of you guys that are in the Mob on the bluff. Turtle can jump in my boat if I think it's worthwhile. It just makes mine faster with 100 pounds less in the seat.

We'll be at LL for 5 days trolling for crappies next week.

The LEGEND continues.............................LMAO:) hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:) :)hand

RR

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Geez funny how people respond to one little comment. Really funny that RR and Turtles name got brought up ( no I wasn't talking about you guys).
But I cant talk any sh*t right now without a boat. This is the first summer that I've had in many,many years without a boat and its driving me crazy...I'm addicted. Super bummed I sold my last one but didn't know how the "X" was going to handle the divorce. Now Im single and now I know exactly what I want!
Just so you guys know what Im looking for:
A CP, TX-19, gullwing or tunnel hull. Without a motor preferred. Let me know. I still have to save up a little bit more $$$ but have most of it already to go. If you hear of anything shoot me a pm please!

Nelson is rolling in a cruiser? WTF? You must be getting old or you have a lady in your life....
Peace outty guys!

·
Banned
540 Posts
That's what I get for reading Buzzy's comment and believing it. Sorry. Hope you find what you're looking for over the summer.

RR :D

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Dennis, enough already. Send Turdel out in the 18 and do some damage. 900 HP in an 18 should be a player. Race Mudpumper, hes nowhere near 900 but we know you are

·
Banned
540 Posts
Dennis, enough already. Send Turdel out in the 18 and do some damage. 900 HP in an 18 should be a player. Race Mudpumper, hes nowhere near 900 but we know you are
Chris. I'm below 850 N/A. I may have a better hull than Mike(???), but I'm sure he has a much better setup than I do.

Turtle needs a few laps to get used to the drill. Will the other 2 guys you were with be out there as well as Mike?? The Blue CP would probably be a good race for mine if he's N/A.

We'll be out there Wednesday. If you're going to LL, I'll we'll see you guys when you get there(unless you're already there).

I have a couple problems, so I really don't feel comfortable driving fast right now. But Turtle should be able to handle it. If not, I can always hire Brian, lol.

See you guys.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Chris. I'm below 850 N/A. I may have a better hull than Mike(???), but I'm sure he has a much better setup than I do.

Turtle needs a few laps to get used to the drill. Will the other 2 guys you were with be out there as well as Mike?? The Blue CP would probably be a good race for mine if he's N/A.

We'll be out there Wednesday. If you're going to LL, I'll we'll see you guys when you get there(unless you're already there).

I have a couple problems, so I really don't feel comfortable driving fast right now. But Turtle should be able to handle it. If not, I can always hire Brian, lol.

See you guys.

Quit playing dumb. 18 cp vs. a Hallet bubbledeck? Let me ask you this, being a veteran and all how many guys have you seen go out and try to be competitive in a Hallet Bubble Deck? Exactly! Or, how many 100 plus MPH Bubbledecks have you ever seen? Exactly! You have the superior hull, more HP than he does and Scotten doing setup. Mikes got a ski boat that weve done a little work too. Its an honest 650 hp, hyd. roller, pump gas deal with a 125 hit on a plate, you make 900, we know this. I dont see the problem, let homeboy drive and lets do this.

·
Banned
540 Posts
Quit playing dumb. 18 cp vs. a Hallet bubbledeck? Let me ask you this, being a veteran and all how many guys have you seen go out and try to be competitive in a Hallet Bubble Deck? Exactly! Or, how many 100 plus MPH Bubbledecks have you ever seen? Exactly! You have the superior hull, more HP than he does and Scotten doing setup. Mikes got a ski boat that weve done a little work too. Its an honest 650 hp, hyd. roller, pump gas deal with a 125 hit on a plate, you make 900, we know this. I dont see the problem, let homeboy drive and lets do this.
Chris, get real!! Reality. Scotten doesn't do my setup. I do. I've got a whole stack of his parts to prove it. As far as HP, it's less than 850. Hallet, Rogers, Eliminator, blah, blah, blah. It doesn't matter. NOS is NOS. We all know how 125 can grow into 250-300(or MORE :))eek:)):))eek:)):))eek:))), with a click of the Ratchet, and that evens up any situation quickly.

We'll be out there watching. I want to see that 300 shot in action!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts