Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called the 1 800 # 2 yrs ago from all our phones to stop soliciting now 2 yrs later we get 10 a day
i cant find the number anywhere..i got it from mark & brian radio show 2 yrs back and it worked perfect but said you must redo it every 2 yrs..anybody know what im talking about

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
Most telemarketing sleaze bags totally ignore the "do not call list" as they know nothing will happen to them for violations.

At home, I use a program called "Phone Tray" on my PC which is connected to my PC modem. Enter ANY phone numbers you want to block.....The program uses caller ID and kills the call after 1/2 (one half) ring. It also logs ALL calls, so you can review and simply pick the numbers from the "log list" you want to block! You can look up any unknown number on your log at 800notes.com
You can also block a variety of numbers in bulk such as ALL Non local, ALL Toll Free, unknown, any number w/o an ID and so on.

I use a program called "Call Control" on my android phone.....works same as above....... great!

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Caller ID is your friend!!! :wink2: Not only can you screen your calls form solicitors, but you can also screen your calls from so called friends and relatives you don't want to talk to!!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
You can't really stop them anymore. I've been in the communication business mostly setting up phone systems, VOIP systems & internet for businesses since 1987. There was a time the caller id number sent out had to be yours. Not anymore, I can program systems to send out any caller id number I want. I don't do this, but a lot of the telemarketers do this now. Any set of digits can be sent to get you to answer the phone. I get 10 a day myself, I missed a call today and it looked like a valid number so I called it and got the recording that the number was not in service. Also with rates so cheap lots of these companies are outside the U.S. dialing in. I talked with a bill collector who is based in Canada, but does most of his calling here in the U.S. I can set him up with a VOIP system from here and all of his calls in the U.S. are free, the calls across the street are international calls billed at $.03 a minute. You can plug a SIP phone into the internet pretty much anywhere that will log into your system provider anywhere. It's really cool stuff for legitimate businesses.

If you have success stopping the calls let us know.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
You can't really stop them anymore. I've been in the communication business mostly setting up phone systems, VOIP systems & internet for businesses since 1987. There was a time the caller id number sent out had to be yours. Not anymore, I can program systems to send out any caller id number I want. I don't do this, but a lot of the telemarketers do this now. Any set of digits can be sent to get you to answer the phone. I get 10 a day myself, I missed a call today and it looked like a valid number so I called it and got the recording that the number was not in service. Also with rates so cheap lots of these companies are outside the U.S. dialing in. I talked with a bill collector who is based in Canada, but does most of his calling here in the U.S. I can set him up with a VOIP system from here and all of his calls in the U.S. are free, the calls across the street are international calls billed at $.03 a minute. You can plug a SIP phone into the internet pretty much anywhere that will log into your system provider anywhere. It's really cool stuff for legitimate businesses.

If you have success stopping the calls let us know.
Your so right! I pay for leads and get both DNC and open numbers. It's common knowledge that most call the DNC and if the called mentions that they are on the list to respond with "sorry, I paid for this list which was supposed to exclude numbers that were on the DNC list. However, can I sell you XYZ since I get ahold of you?" I actually enjoy talking to salesmen, they are people too with the shittiest job ever. I even spent 20 minutes today talking to an Allstate woman about insurance. She wasn't able to get me a better rate, but she's just trying to make a buck like us all.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Those no call numbers or websites don't work. I use caller ID and block numbers on my cell... only phone. If it is so important, they'll leave a message!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I called the 1 800 # 2 yrs ago from all our phones to stop soliciting now 2 yrs later we get 10 a day
i cant find the number anywhere..i got it from mark & brian radio show 2 yrs back and it worked perfect but said you must redo it every 2 yrs..anybody know what im talking about
Yea Mike it's a pain in the ass when these idiots call. When someone that I don't know asks for me and I have time, I tell them that I will get "HIM" and after I hear the dial tone I return the reciever too the phone. Love wasting their time. Ain't I a stinker...BBD

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yea Mike it's a pain in the ass when these idiots call. When someone that I don't know asks for me and I have time, I tell them that I will get "HIM" and after I hear the dial tone I return the reciever too the phone. Love wasting their time. Ain't I a stinker...BBD
I always ask if they want to buy a phone system. I tell em I can get them a better deal on the phone their talking to me on. I don't let up until they give up :kissit:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.