Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Run V-drive headers on there jetboat ? is so post pics..

I found a brand new set of Short bassetts for a smoking price , yeah yeah i know they wont work......

I called Bassett and they said people do it all the time...... Are you one of em:D

Post up , lets see em:)devil

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
Run V-drive headers on there jetboat ? is so post pics..

I found a brand new set of Short bassetts for a smoking price , yeah yeah i know they wont work......

I called Bassett and they said people do it all the time...... Are you one of em:D

Post up , lets see em:)devil
WTF does it matter!? They'll go on either way on a Chevy! hil:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
/

WTF does it matter!? They'll go on either way on a Chevy! hil:)
Yes they will and IMHO v drive headers look like sh!t on a jet boat,on the other hand jet headers look good on a v drive. Bassett 714-630-7999 will tell you V drive headers are parallel (flange to collector)and jet headers have 6* up sweep (flange to collector). But both will bolt and work the only thing to consider is the appearance.

And yes peeps do put V drive headers on jets

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they will and IMHO v drive headers look like sh!t on a jet boat,on the other hand jet headers look good on a v drive. Bassett 714-630-7999 will tell you V drive headers are parallel (flange to collector)and jet headers have 6* up sweep (flange to collector). But both will bolt and work the only thing to consider is the appearance.

And yes peeps do put V drive headers on jets

Ha , thanks Roger.

thats exactly what Bassett told me, and that the engine would need to sit higher cause the tips will point into the transom... But what do they know, i mean they only make the shit, they dont ever talk to there customers:)grn

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I've seen a set or two on jets and they were old school pointed towards the water some!:)sphss Newer styles might not look as bad!
And all you have to do with the cooling lines is swap sides! WT:)devil

1 You beat me to it!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well i got my headers today , and i was told they were off a V-drive and were V-drive headers...... Im beginning to doubt that..

What do you guys think?

V-drive.

jetboat.

I say jet boat headers.. check it out:)devil

Looks like i got my shortys ive been wanting:)grn Going to the lake sunday gonna try to get some video for all the non believers:)hand Gonna try to get there about 6 am so its all glass and i can set another speed record:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.