Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
yeah man, they took my bid and I just towed it home. I got a great deal and I'm pretty sure it was one of the ones you were after.

lol :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bid on two..... not even any replies....
Im getting to think is BS.
I bid on one and got a call back last week. Someone by the name of Frank called me and said that key bank had nothing to with this deal and that whoever did (which he never did say) should have some numbers this week and wanted me to call back, so I told him I have cash and when you get some numbers call me. He never did talk about my offer, so I told him if I do call back it will be in a few months after they all have been sitting for awhile. He also said that they would only take cash for the boats with no power as these were the ones I was bidding on anyway. He also seemed to be pushing his "we can get the engine and drives done by our people".

·
Banned
80 Posts
long beach

I went down to Long Beach Yacht both saturday and sunday frank is the guy i talked too and he made perfect sense.. long beach yacht has been and always will be a repo remarkerter the only one that can sell a boat is the court appointed reciever. key has nothing to do with it they get the money once the reciever takes his cut (the only one that makes monye is the reciever) i put in a bid and he was very accomadating. he had a whole stack of bids most of them were low ballers i bid on a 28 sceptor and the only other bid was for 20k.. 2 years ago this boat was sold for 125- 140 with a 525 and Xr i put in a very reasonable bid and if i get it so be it.. if not good luck to long beach sales all they had there other than magic was a bunch of repo junk. i hear the owner of long beach is in havasu all this week they offered a 525 with an xr drive for 45k is that reasonable? just curious

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
they told you the other bid??? it was only 20k... so you offered 45k???
Sorry...but where did you read that??

I think he was asking if the 525 and drive was worth $45K.

Kinda weird they would divulge someone else's bid though.

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
i hear the owner of long beach is in havasu all this week they offered a 525 with an xr drive for 45k is that reasonable? just curious
At the LA show this year - I am pretty sure that I was told a Merc 525 and XR drive COST is $33K to the mfg's door. So, $45K even installed seems high to me. I don't think that the $33K I was quoted included the 'special' Merc Discount that were (maybe still are) being offered.

Roln 20s

·
Registered
852 Posts
At the LA show this year - I am pretty sure that I was told a Merc 525 and XR drive COST is $33K to the mfg's door. So, $45K even installed seems high to me. I don't think that the $33K I was quoted included the 'special' Merc Discount that were (maybe still are) being offered.

Roln 20s

Sounds about like what I've been told.... $45k for a 525 and drive seems like a great deal........... for the seller. :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am pretty sure the 525 xr package is like a 24ish thousand dollar upgrade from the HO, so 33K is probably the dealers cost. (maybe?)

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
I think they were 29,500 up till last month...

I think the magics with the 525 retail about 140k... if I get one i'm gonna put my own 525
and save the 15k
I was dealing with a sales guy from magic before all this went down and he told me that I could buy a 09 with a 496 ho for 80k out the door and with the 525 I was looking at 100k out the door

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
I am pretty sure the 525 xr package is like a 24ish thousand dollar upgrade from the HO, so 33K is probably the dealers cost. (maybe?)
Yes, we are referring to Dealer Cost. Not to spill the beans about the boat Mfg engine 'upgrade' prices - but here goes: The HO is about $20K with the drive on the door to the boat Mfg. So...the real upgrade price is .... well, the math is simple :)

Roln 20s

1 - 20 of 29 Posts