Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I'm one of those pesky unemployed types, I've been hitting the keys and seeing whats out there. Our company recruiter suggested Linked In.

It's supposedly like Facebook or Myspace for professional networking.

Has anyone here ever used it and if so, how effective is it?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I do actually use LinkedIn and do know of some people that have gained full time and freelance work from recommendation from this site.

I'd definitely recommend joining up! It's free and you don't get any spam :).

Good luck with that and I hope you find a job SOON!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I'd say the majority of people that I used to work with are on there including myself. It's a professional networking tool and can't hurt.

Just so you know Google searches of your name will list Linkin and your profile info when you set up your account. That can be good or bad. :D You can turn that feature off but it sort of defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'd say the majority of people that I used to work with are on there including myself. It's a professional networking tool and can't hurt.

Just so you know Google searches of your name will list Linkin and your profile info when you set up your account. That can be good or bad. :D You can turn that feature off but it sort of defeats the purpose.

I'm on linkedin as well, but I'm not too active there....

What do you list as your occupation?? ;):D:D:D

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I'm on linkedin as well, but I'm not too active there....

What do you list as your occupation?? ;):D:D:D
Funny. I did list my old positions.

In the update section I wrote some stuff about screwing off during the day and neighborhood parties on the weekends. Guess that's why I haven’t landed the consulting gig huh? . :D:D

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny. I did list my old positions.

In the update section I wrote some stuff about screwing off during the day and neighborhood parties on the weekends. Guess that's why I haven’t landed the consulting gig huh? . :D:D
Excellent job description...

Roll that into a Construction Superintendent wage scale and I'm there!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Linkedin, as already stated, is a useful tool to use. Getting your name out there is paramount and the more people in your network the better it works.

Oh, and while you are job hunting, don't forget to call the Kenyan and ask for your handout. It seems like you are screwed if you watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_u1rvnX3wA&feature=player_embedded

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Linkedin, as already stated, is a useful tool to use. Getting your name out there is paramount and the more people in your network the better it works.

Oh, and while you are job hunting, don't forget to call the Kenyan and ask for your handout. It seems like you are screwed if you watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_u1rvnX3wA&feature=player_embedded
Saw that eariler,, Not a good indicator of how things are going to work out.

Unemployment isn't much of an option either. Arizona can't seem to get a budget together that will pass the "sniff test" so at the end of the month, the state has threatened to shut its doors.

So much for sitting on the couch and collecting unemployment lol :)grn

·
Registered
953 Posts
I use it and make a lot of connections through it. Definitely makes it easy to find folks with the same professional interests and goals....if anyone wants to link up, and get connected through any of my connections...send PM...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.