Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a no frills 350 crate engine for a 1986 chevy blazer. I've called a couple of local chevy dealerships and they want $2400 or more. Gmperformance parts wants a little less than $2400. I've looked online at crate engine depot and a bunch of others. The best prices seem to be in Arizona. My dad use to replace the 350's in his chevy truck for $1500 but that dealership went out of business recently. Any info is greaty appreciated. I'm in the Temecula, Murrieta area.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'm looking for a no frills 350 crate engine for a 1986 chevy blazer. I've called a couple of local chevy dealerships and they want $2400 or more. Gmperformance parts wants a little less than $2400. I've looked online at crate engine depot and a bunch of others. The best prices seem to be in Arizona. My dad use to replace the 350's in his chevy truck for $1500 but that dealership went out of business recently. Any info is greaty appreciated. I'm in the Temecula, Murrieta area.
PM Notalent here on the boards,i belive he work for ATK or one of the other big engine rebuilders.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just ordered mine from Michigan Motoz. They have a special right now for a vortec 350 reman for $2,200. Seems like a great company, and the customer service was awesome, they even through in a cap, rotor, and plugs. They come with a new water pump and harmonic balancer too, which I noticed most companies don't.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Call your Senator LOL

GT :)hand

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Thanks Shadow :)devil

Are you looking for a Long Block or complete? Stock or Mild build? LMK and I will see what I can do for you.

Brandon

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
I've always considered the term "crate engine" to mean factory new.
Not re-built or re-manufactured but 100% new.

The re-builders are trying to blur the line between new and rebuilt so eyes wide open bro.
They'll screw ya if they can calling their rebuilt stuff "crate".

We just bought an NEW 8.1 to keep on hand for our GMC.
List was $8K and I ground the dealer to $6100 otd.
Their's no changing my mind that new is better than rebuilt any day from my experiences over the years.
Ya get a GM warranty with the crate too

A good place to start:
http://www.gmmotors.com/categories/CrateEngines.aspx
or call this might fit your application.
http://www.gmmotors.com/product/10067353/350GMGoodwrenchCrateEngine196985GM350Engine.aspx

Dealer mark up is 100%.
You should be able to secure one for about $1599.95.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Notalent is a closet homo............but he is the man when it comes to hookups on motors!!!! :D Still got two together in my boat!! :)sphss

lol

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

The re-builders are trying to blur the line between new and rebuilt so eyes wide open bro.

Their's no changing my mind that new is better than rebuilt any day from my experiences over the years.

A good place to start:

Dealer mark up is 100%.
Actually it was our company who is responsible for the term "CRATE ENGINE" We still have a picture hanging in our office showing the first crate engines back in the day. They were remanufactured to OE Specs and are considered "Green Engines" for our company at least. However I do agree with you that the term "Remanufactured" has been tossed around in so many different ways its unreal. Stay with a reputable company and your golden :)hand

As far as new vs remanufacture....its prefrence, I certainly like the sound of 100% new parts, but have seen enough of the problems with them to know its not better as well. A new engine is what it is and you will see many engines with common problems when new. The remans are reverse engineered and when we do that we are able to fix the factory defects/issues so that it will be more reliable and last longer.

BTW....GM, Ford, Chrysler etc....dont build all there own engines. ;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Notalent is a closet homo............but he is the man when it comes to hookups on motors!!!! :D Still got two together in my boat!! :)sphss

lol
Im to much of a slut for women to be a homo.... :)devilGlad to hear the engines are working out....the way drive...im suprised they stayed together :D

·
Registered
3,305 Posts

A good place to start:
or call this might fit your application.
http://www.gmmotors.com/product/10067353/350GMGoodwrenchCrateEngine196985GM350Engine.aspx

Dealer mark up is 100%.
You should be able to secure one for about $1599.95.
I would like to think a seasoned block would be better than new.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts