Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are preparing a boat for the Parker 300 this year and figure we need to have boat to shore comms. One headset and radio in the pit, and one in the boat with a PTT on the steering wheel. We would need to have the boat headsets fit inside a full-face helmet.

Anyone have a suggestion on where we could borrow or get sponsored one to use in the race? We have sponsorship signage room on the boat.

How about renting? Anyone have a hookup with a rental place?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
What is the max distance? I can ask or AV guys here at work if they have a contact in town.

You need wireless comms headset to headset? I'll try and get a number and send it to you in the morning

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Keith I have hand helds and head sets from off road racing and some out dated helmets that are wired,Im sure they check them for SNELL dates if not I have helmets.No radio and intercoms right now.call me if you need to use any thing I have Lenny 714 381-2049

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rick, most of the course is line of sight. The circle course is around 4.5 miles, so figure 3 miles max range.

Lenny, that's kind of what I was thinking. One over the ear headset with boom mic and a handheld on the belt in the pits, then another handheld mounted in the boat with a remote PTT button on the steering wheel. They do check helmets and we all have our own, so we'd need to install 3 earphone/mic's in the helmets so when we switch drivers, we just plug the new guy into the radio.

·
Retarded Jerk
133 Posts
Keith,

We have a few complete PCI radio sets from some of our Baja trucks. Let me know what you need.

[email protected]

-TJ

Rick, most of the course is line of sight. The circle course is around 4.5 miles, so figure 3 miles max range.

Lenny, that's kind of what I was thinking. One over the ear headset with boom mic and a handheld on the belt in the pits, then another handheld mounted in the boat with a remote PTT button on the steering wheel. They do check helmets and we all have our own, so we'd need to install 3 earphone/mic's in the helmets so when we switch drivers, we just plug the new guy into the radio.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Keith
I was at one of Ross' meetings when he talked about extending the length to 6 miles round trip. Your estimated 3 miles should be good but might want to plan a little more distance.
Carl

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone else have a hookup on this stuff? Got 2 weeks to come up with something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts