Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Can't cure stupid
768 Posts
Dent

If there isn't a crease in the metal then I might try one of those paintless dent removal places. Might cost you a little cash but they work really well. There can't be a crease in the metal or it will show when you get them coated though. Good luck.

·
Registered
497 Posts
What size primary ? On sbc stuff we use a 2" or 1 7/8 trailer ball and run it in the tube. Capping both ends and air with a welding torch works. Worst case you can use a tig welder pool up ans dab filler and then metal finish it. Kinda like bondo lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
dent

If you're going to have them re-coted anyway why not just weld a pin in the middle of the dent and use a side hammer to pull it and then metal finish it. That would seem the least expensive solution to me.

·
BIG member
1,406 Posts
Welded over the dent and then ground it down. After they got ceramic coated you cant tell it was ever there.

·
Raysoncrafter
92 Posts
Most any body shop has a pin welder and dent puller that goes with it. Shouldnt take more than 15 minutes for the right guy to pop it out that way.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Uni-spotter. Almost every body shop has one or maybe you could barrow one. It uses a gun to weld a small copper pin to the dent, then you use a slide hammer on it to get the dent out but if it's really small, I would just pull up on the slide hammer handle and hammer around the outside edge of the dent. (Hammer off dolly technique)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.