Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a 650 Pfaff motor put in my 27' world class V bottom before the economy went to shit and am now stuck with the bravo 1. I was told I can basically use my bravo 1 case and rebuild the inners with XR drive components. Is this the best way for the money or are there some other select pieces I can just use to strengthen my drive? I am just trying to find the best way I can do this while not having a huge budget now days. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I would suggest calling Max Machine Worx in LHC. They have alot of experience in beefing up drives. The other alternative is Imco in San Dimas. They have components and also offer complete drives. Another idea may be to buy a takeoff drive that has been lightly used (imco or mmw)

·
Custom User Title
105 Posts
For a more "budget friendly" alternative try giving Dick Tryce a call at..

Dick's Performance Marine, LLC
616-335-8446 Home
616-403-1006 Cell

He's had quite a bit of success modifying Bravo style drives, and also he's a REAL straight shooter, he'll DEFINATELY let ya' know what'll work or not...

Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks bro

Thanks for the tips

616-335-8446 Home
616-403-1006 Cell

He's had quite a bit of success modifying Bravo style drives, and also he's a REAL straight shooter, he'll DEFINATELY let ya' know what'll work or not...

Doug

·
Registered
90 Posts

616-335-8446 Home
616-403-1006 Cell

Doug
X2

Dick built a drive for a buddy of mine 25' checkmate with 900+ HP ran it last year, dick checked it out over the winter and no wear ,still perfect inside..I'm saving for him to build mine next winter...cheaper than a new XR drive...just my. 02...

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Just had a 650 Pfaff motor put in my 27' world class V bottom before the economy went to shit and am now stuck with the bravo 1. I was told I can basically use my bravo 1 case and rebuild the inners with XR drive components. Is this the best way for the money or are there some other select pieces I can just use to strengthen my drive? I am just trying to find the best way I can do this while not having a huge budget now days. Any ideas?
Yes you can convert your bravo to an XR but depending on how old it is there may be some machine work needed or a new top cap needed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts